This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The nurse working in a geriatrician's office is admitting a client diagnosed with Alzheimer's ... (Read 21 times)

ARLKQ

The nurse working in a geriatrician's office is admitting a client diagnosed with Alzheimer's disease when the client's daughter says, I love my Mom, but she is driving me crazy.

I have to watch her constantly because she tends to wander, and I am only getting about four hours of interrupted sleep a night. I don't know how much longer I can stand this. The nurse interprets this comment as an indication of: 1. Exhaustion of the caregiver.
  2. Caregiver role strain with potential for elder abuse.
  3. The need to place the client in a nursing home.
  4. A sign that the client is in the end stage of Alzheimer's disease.

Question 2

The nurse is caring for a diabetic client. When preparing the client's insulin dose, the nurse understands that common insulin errors include:(Select all that apply) Standard Text: Select all that apply.

1. Omitting doses
  2. Extra doses
  3. Using the wrong type of insulin
  4. Administering to the wrong client
  5. Administering the wrong amount

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

macagn

Answer to Question 1

Rationale: The exhausted caregiver daughter is exhibiting signs that could indicate the potential for abuse, and the nurse should explore options for the family that would allow the caregiver time to sleep and meet her own needs. The caregiver is plainly indicating that she is exhausted, and this doesn't require interpretation. It is uncertain if this family desires placement in a nursing home or whether other options might work better for them. This client is not in late-stage Alzheimer's if she is still able to wander.

Answer to Question 2

Rationale: Omission of ordered insulin is a common medication error

ARLKQ

Reply 2 on: Jul 22, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

jojobee318

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
:D TYSM

Did you know?

Most women experience menopause in their 50s. However, in 1994, an Italian woman gave birth to a baby boy when she was 61 years old.

Did you know?

In 2006, a generic antinausea drug named ondansetron was approved. It is used to stop nausea and vomiting associated with surgery, chemotherapy, and radiation therapy.

Did you know?

Although not all of the following muscle groups are commonly used, intramuscular injections may be given into the abdominals, biceps, calves, deltoids, gluteals, laterals, pectorals, quadriceps, trapezoids, and triceps.

Did you know?

Astigmatism is the most common vision problem. It may accompany nearsightedness or farsightedness. It is usually caused by an irregularly shaped cornea, but sometimes it is the result of an irregularly shaped lens. Either type can be corrected by eyeglasses, contact lenses, or refractive surgery.

Did you know?

Vaccines prevent between 2.5 and 4 million deaths every year.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library