This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The nurse working in a geriatrician's office is admitting a client diagnosed with Alzheimer's ... (Read 22 times)

ARLKQ

The nurse working in a geriatrician's office is admitting a client diagnosed with Alzheimer's disease when the client's daughter says, I love my Mom, but she is driving me crazy.

I have to watch her constantly because she tends to wander, and I am only getting about four hours of interrupted sleep a night. I don't know how much longer I can stand this. The nurse interprets this comment as an indication of: 1. Exhaustion of the caregiver.
  2. Caregiver role strain with potential for elder abuse.
  3. The need to place the client in a nursing home.
  4. A sign that the client is in the end stage of Alzheimer's disease.

Question 2

The nurse is caring for a diabetic client. When preparing the client's insulin dose, the nurse understands that common insulin errors include:(Select all that apply) Standard Text: Select all that apply.

1. Omitting doses
  2. Extra doses
  3. Using the wrong type of insulin
  4. Administering to the wrong client
  5. Administering the wrong amount

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

macagn

Answer to Question 1

Rationale: The exhausted caregiver daughter is exhibiting signs that could indicate the potential for abuse, and the nurse should explore options for the family that would allow the caregiver time to sleep and meet her own needs. The caregiver is plainly indicating that she is exhausted, and this doesn't require interpretation. It is uncertain if this family desires placement in a nursing home or whether other options might work better for them. This client is not in late-stage Alzheimer's if she is still able to wander.

Answer to Question 2

Rationale: Omission of ordered insulin is a common medication error

ARLKQ

Reply 2 on: Jul 22, 2018
Excellent

zacnyjessica

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
:D TYSM

Did you know?

The word drug comes from the Dutch word droog (meaning "dry"). For centuries, most drugs came from dried plants, hence the name.

Did you know?

Famous people who died from poisoning or drug overdose include, Adolf Hitler, Socrates, Juan Ponce de Leon, Marilyn Monroe, Judy Garland, and John Belushi.

Did you know?

According to the American College of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology, more than 50 million Americans have some kind of food allergy. Food allergies affect between 4 and 6% of children, and 4% of adults, according to the CDC. The most common food allergies include shellfish, peanuts, walnuts, fish, eggs, milk, and soy.

Did you know?

The most common treatment options for addiction include psychotherapy, support groups, and individual counseling.

Did you know?

The first monoclonal antibodies were made exclusively from mouse cells. Some are now fully human, which means they are likely to be safer and may be more effective than older monoclonal antibodies.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library