This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The nurse is administering medications, and hands a cup containing several medications to the ... (Read 40 times)

CORALGRILL2014

The nurse is administering medications, and hands a cup containing several medications to the client. The client says, What is that yellow pill? I've never taken that before. The nurse's best response is which of the following?

1. Every manufacturer of drugs makes it a different color.
  2. That is your medication for high blood pressure.
  3. I double-checked to make sure that all the medications were ordered by your doctor.
  4. Let me check it before you take it and I'll be right back.

Question 2

The nurse caring for the terminally ill client and the family collects data about loss and grieving during the admission interview. Information important to collect includes: Standard Text: Select all that apply.

1. Previous losses.
  2. Awareness of approaching loss.
  3. How grief was handled previously.
  4. Medications being taken for coping.
  5. History of alcohol abuse.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

sierramartinez

Answer to Question 1

Rationale: When a client doesn't remember taking a medication before, unless it's a new order, it should always be double-checked before the client takes the medication to prevent errors. While manufacturers of generic drugs might make a drug that is different in color or appearance, it is important to recheck the medication before the client takes it.

Answer to Question 2

Rationale: Assessing previous loss is important to determine coping techniques.

CORALGRILL2014

Reply 2 on: Jul 22, 2018
Gracias!

chereeb

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

During pregnancy, a woman is more likely to experience bleeding gums and nosebleeds caused by hormonal changes that increase blood flow to the mouth and nose.

Did you know?

Asthma is the most common chronic childhood disease in the world. Most children who develop asthma have symptoms before they are 5 years old.

Did you know?

In Eastern Europe and Russia, interferon is administered intranasally in varied doses for the common cold and influenza. It is claimed that this treatment can lower the risk of infection by as much as 60–70%.

Did you know?

Vampire bats have a natural anticoagulant in their saliva that permits continuous bleeding after they painlessly open a wound with their incisors. This capillary blood does not cause any significant blood loss to their victims.

Did you know?

Famous people who died from poisoning or drug overdose include, Adolf Hitler, Socrates, Juan Ponce de Leon, Marilyn Monroe, Judy Garland, and John Belushi.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library