This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The newly graduated nurse learns that a peer who just took the NCLEX-PN was asked a number of ... (Read 33 times)

ssal

The newly graduated nurse learns that a peer who just took the NCLEX-PN was asked a number of questions about obstetrics. The graduate nurse will:

1. Amend study plans to spend a bit more time on obstetrics.
  2. Continue studying as before, with emphasis on favorite subjects.
  3. Spend all of the time studying obstetrics.
  4. Study areas of weakness, and spend the least time on favorite subjects.

Question 2

The high school nurse can best evaluate that a sexually active student understood the nurse's teaching on prevention of sexually transmitted diseases when the student says which of the following things?

1. I only engage in foreplay and oral sex, and not sexual intercourse.
  2. I only have one sexual partner, so I can take oral contraceptives.
  3. I make certain my partner and I use barrier contraceptives properly.
  4. I always urinate and shower with strong soap after each sexual contact.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

smrtceo

Answer to Question 1

Rationale: The NCLEX-PN is computer-based testing, and the questions for each test taker are different. The experiences of one will have no impact on the experiences of another, because questions are randomly distributed. It is best for the nurse to concentrate on areas of weakness and spend the least time on favorite areas, because the latter tend to be the subjects the nurse already knows best.

Answer to Question 2

Rationale: The client who understands that the best means of preventing sexually transmitted diseases is the use of barrier contraceptives has understood the nurse's teaching. Sexually transmitted diseases can be shared during oral sex and foreplay. Even if the student's partner is currently monogamous, past sexual encounters might put the student at risk for STIs. Urinating and showering will not reduce risk.

ssal

Reply 2 on: Jul 22, 2018
Excellent

cici

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Great answer, keep it coming :)

Did you know?

ACTH levels are normally highest in the early morning (between 6 and 8 A.M.) and lowest in the evening (between 6 and 11 P.M.). Therefore, a doctor who suspects abnormal levels looks for low ACTH in the morning and high ACTH in the evening.

Did you know?

Most childhood vaccines are 90–99% effective in preventing disease. Side effects are rarely serious.

Did you know?

Many supplement containers do not even contain what their labels say. There are many documented reports of products containing much less, or more, that what is listed on their labels. They may also contain undisclosed prescription drugs and even contaminants.

Did you know?

In most cases, kidneys can recover from almost complete loss of function, such as in acute kidney (renal) failure.

Did you know?

In Eastern Europe and Russia, interferon is administered intranasally in varied doses for the common cold and influenza. It is claimed that this treatment can lower the risk of infection by as much as 60–70%.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library