This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The nurse is reinforcing discharge instructions for the client newly diagnosed with angina. The ... (Read 29 times)

biggirl4568

The nurse is reinforcing discharge instructions for the client newly diagnosed with angina.

The client says, My friend has angina, and he always carries nitroglycerine with him, but he uses it so rarely, he always jokes that it probably wouldn't even work because it's so old. The nurse explains the way to tell if nitroglycerine is still effective is: 1. If it resolves the chest pain, it's working; if not, it should be replaced.
  2. If, when it's placed under the tongue, it produces a tingling sensation.
  3. To look at the color of the pill; if it's still white, it's still good.
  4. If it hasn't been exposed to air, it will last for five years.

Question 2

The nurse admits a client in the early stage of labor and asks if the membranes have ruptured. The client states, I don't know if my water broke or not. The nurse plans to call the physician, who will ask if membranes have ruptured.

The nurse will: 1. Quote the mother's response and tell the physician that status of membranes is unknown.
  2. Assume membranes are intact, or the client would know they ruptured.
  3. Perform a pelvic examination to determine if membranes are intact.
  4. Perform a Nitrazine test of vaginal secretions for presence of amniotic fluid.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

heinisk01

Answer to Question 1

Rationale: Nitroglycerine, if still active, will cause a tingling sensation when placed sublingually because of the vasodilation it causes. For safety reasons, the medication should be discarded and replaced when it exceeds the expiration date on the label of the bottle.

Answer to Question 2

Rationale: A Nitrazine test will test positive if amniotic fluid is present in the vaginal secretions, allowing the nurse to relate that the client is unsure if membranes ruptured but the results of the Nitrazine test indicated either negative or positive.

biggirl4568

Reply 2 on: Jul 22, 2018
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

chereeb

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

Though Candida and Aspergillus species are the most common fungal pathogens causing invasive fungal disease in the immunocompromised, infections due to previously uncommon hyaline and dematiaceous filamentous fungi are occurring more often today. Rare fungal infections, once accurately diagnosed, may require surgical debridement, immunotherapy, and newer antifungals used singly or in combination with older antifungals, on a case-by-case basis.

Did you know?

About 600,000 particles of skin are shed every hour by each human. If you live to age 70 years, you have shed 105 pounds of dead skin.

Did you know?

Of the estimated 2 million heroin users in the United States, 600,000–800,000 are considered hardcore addicts. Heroin addiction is considered to be one of the hardest addictions to recover from.

Did you know?

Today, nearly 8 out of 10 pregnant women living with HIV (about 1.1 million), receive antiretrovirals.

Did you know?

As the western states of America were settled, pioneers often had to drink rancid water from ponds and other sources. This often resulted in chronic diarrhea, causing many cases of dehydration and death that could have been avoided if clean water had been available.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library