This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A nurse plans discharge instructions of a 78-year-old black client with newly diagnosed dilated ... (Read 26 times)

craiczarry

A nurse plans discharge instructions of a 78-year-old black client with newly diagnosed dilated heart failure. The client states, Will I be going home on hospice now that my heart is failing?

Which of the following responses is most appropriate by the nurse?

A) Heart failure is a chronic condition that can be controlled with medication.
  B) No, but you will have palliative care.
  C) You must go to cardiac rehabilitation.
  D) You will need to take medications for the rest of your life.

Question 2

A 73-year-old client is admitted to the hospital. A nurse assesses the client for frailty. Which of the following indicate frailty? (Select all that apply.)

A) Diminished handgrip strength
  B) High level of physical activity
  C) Intentional weight loss
  D) Self-reported exhaustion
  E) Slow walking speed

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

blazinlyss

Answer to Question 1

Ans: A
The client with heart failure will need medications and will benefit from cardiac rehabilitation; however, these answers avoid the issue of lack of understanding of the type of disease heart failure is. Palliative care is not appropriate at this time.

Answer to Question 2

Ans: A, D, E
Patients are considered fail when they have three or more of the following conditions: low level of physical activity, slow walking speed, unintentional weight loss (i.e., 10 lb or more during the past year), weakness (measured by diminished handgrip strength), and self-reported exhaustion (Koller & Rockwood, 2013).

craiczarry

Reply 2 on: Jul 11, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Animal_Goddess

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

Did you know?

Certain topical medications such as clotrimazole and betamethasone are not approved for use in children younger than 12 years of age. They must be used very cautiously, as directed by a doctor, to treat any child. Children have a much greater response to topical steroid medications.

Did you know?

Each year in the United States, there are approximately six million pregnancies. This means that at any one time, about 4% of women in the United States are pregnant.

Did you know?

On average, the stomach produces 2 L of hydrochloric acid per day.

Did you know?

Approximately one in four people diagnosed with diabetes will develop foot problems. Of these, about one-third will require lower extremity amputation.

Did you know?

Today, nearly 8 out of 10 pregnant women living with HIV (about 1.1 million), receive antiretrovirals.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library