This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A nurse plans discharge instructions of a 78-year-old black client with newly diagnosed dilated ... (Read 29 times)

craiczarry

A nurse plans discharge instructions of a 78-year-old black client with newly diagnosed dilated heart failure. The client states, Will I be going home on hospice now that my heart is failing?

Which of the following responses is most appropriate by the nurse?

A) Heart failure is a chronic condition that can be controlled with medication.
  B) No, but you will have palliative care.
  C) You must go to cardiac rehabilitation.
  D) You will need to take medications for the rest of your life.

Question 2

A 73-year-old client is admitted to the hospital. A nurse assesses the client for frailty. Which of the following indicate frailty? (Select all that apply.)

A) Diminished handgrip strength
  B) High level of physical activity
  C) Intentional weight loss
  D) Self-reported exhaustion
  E) Slow walking speed

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

blazinlyss

Answer to Question 1

Ans: A
The client with heart failure will need medications and will benefit from cardiac rehabilitation; however, these answers avoid the issue of lack of understanding of the type of disease heart failure is. Palliative care is not appropriate at this time.

Answer to Question 2

Ans: A, D, E
Patients are considered fail when they have three or more of the following conditions: low level of physical activity, slow walking speed, unintentional weight loss (i.e., 10 lb or more during the past year), weakness (measured by diminished handgrip strength), and self-reported exhaustion (Koller & Rockwood, 2013).

craiczarry

Reply 2 on: Jul 11, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

amandanbreshears

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

Did you know?

Acute bronchitis is an inflammation of the breathing tubes (bronchi), which causes increased mucus production and other changes. It is usually caused by bacteria or viruses, can be serious in people who have pulmonary or cardiac diseases, and can lead to pneumonia.

Did you know?

Most women experience menopause in their 50s. However, in 1994, an Italian woman gave birth to a baby boy when she was 61 years old.

Did you know?

About 60% of newborn infants in the United States are jaundiced; that is, they look yellow. Kernicterus is a form of brain damage caused by excessive jaundice. When babies begin to be affected by excessive jaundice and begin to have brain damage, they become excessively lethargic.

Did you know?

Earwax has antimicrobial properties that reduce the viability of bacteria and fungus in the human ear.

Did you know?

When blood is exposed to air, it clots. Heparin allows the blood to come in direct contact with air without clotting.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library