This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Which of the following does the nurse use as a legally acceptable abbreviation? Select all that ... (Read 23 times)

SAVANNAHHOOPER23

Which of the following does the nurse use as a legally acceptable abbreviation? Select all that apply. Standard Text: Select all that apply.

1. q.d.
  2. MS
  3. BM
  4. TPR
  5. Lab.

Question 2

After completing orientation to the facility, the nurse recognizes further instructions are required when the client makes which of the following statements?

1. I will send my valuables home with my wife.
  2. I will take my prescription medications as I took them at home.
  3. My wife may visit any time she chooses.
  4. I should ring my call bell if I need the nurse.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

janieazgirl

Answer to Question 1

Rationale: BM (bowel movement), TPR (vital signs), and lab. (laboratory) are all acceptable abbreviations that may be used in a medical facility. The Joint Commission has identified q.d. (every day) and MS (could be interpreted as morphine sulfate, magnesium sulfate, or multiple sclerosis) as unacceptable abbreviations.

Answer to Question 2

Rationale: Once the client enters the hospital, the client home medications are discontinued, and the client is encouraged to send the medications home with the valuables. The client's medications will be ordered by the physician and dispensed by the nurse. The remaining comments made by the client are correct.

SAVANNAHHOOPER23

Reply 2 on: Jul 22, 2018
Wow, this really help

ttt030911

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

Did you know?

Blood is approximately twice as thick as water because of the cells and other components found in it.

Did you know?

Congestive heart failure is a serious disorder that carries a reduced life expectancy. Heart failure is usually a chronic illness, and it may worsen with infection or other physical stressors.

Did you know?

According to the American College of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology, more than 50 million Americans have some kind of food allergy. Food allergies affect between 4 and 6% of children, and 4% of adults, according to the CDC. The most common food allergies include shellfish, peanuts, walnuts, fish, eggs, milk, and soy.

Did you know?

The longest a person has survived after a heart transplant is 24 years.

Did you know?

Human neurons are so small that they require a microscope in order to be seen. However, some neurons can be up to 3 feet long, such as those that extend from the spinal cord to the toes.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library