This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: When preparing the room for a new client's admission, the nurse's priority action is which of the ... (Read 63 times)

Haya94

When preparing the room for a new client's admission, the nurse's priority action is which of the following?

1. Compile forms in the the client's chart, and have it ready in the room.
  2. Obtain a wheelchair, and go to Admissions to get the client.
  3. Check the client's chart for physician's orders.
  4. Ensure that the room is adequately prepared for the client.

Question 2

The nurse working in an outpatient surgical center admits a client who is to have a basal cell carcinoma removed from the left temple. While collecting data for the nursing history, the nurse assesses that the client understands of the diagnosis.

The client says, I had a friend die from skin cancer, and I know this is probably fatal, but I'd like to treat it as aggressively as possible to improve my chances of survival. The nurse's best response is: 1. You are scared, and that is a normal response to this diagnosis, but many people respond to chemotherapy.
  2. Tell me more about your friend's condition.
  3. Basal cell carcinomas are generally slow-growing, and do not often spread. Your friend might have had malignant melanoma or squamous cell carcinoma.
  4. You won't know what your likelihood of survival is until after the doctor removes the cancerous cells and examines them under a microscope.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

Leostella20

Answer to Question 1

Rationale: The first priority is to see that the client has a clean, properly prepared room upon arrival to the unit. This will help the client feel welcome and will improve the efficiency of the admission process. The chart will come with the client with the physician's orders, so it would not be available to the nurse until the client arrives. The client is transported to the unit by the Admitting Department, whether that is the Emergency Department or the business office.

Answer to Question 2

Rationale: Basal cell carcinomas are slow-growing, and rarely metastasize, so the client is unlikely to die from this form of skin cancer. Malignant melanomas are the most aggressive, with the highest likelihood of metastasis and poor outcomes. The remaining options do not correct the client's mistaken understanding about the diagnosis.

Haya94

Reply 2 on: Jul 22, 2018
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

softEldritch

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Great answer, keep it coming :)

Did you know?

Inotropic therapy does not have a role in the treatment of most heart failure patients. These drugs can make patients feel and function better but usually do not lengthen the predicted length of their lives.

Did you know?

Liver spots have nothing whatsoever to do with the liver. They are a type of freckles commonly seen in older adults who have been out in the sun without sufficient sunscreen.

Did you know?

During pregnancy, a woman is more likely to experience bleeding gums and nosebleeds caused by hormonal changes that increase blood flow to the mouth and nose.

Did you know?

The familiar sounds of your heart are made by the heart's valves as they open and close.

Did you know?

Oliver Wendell Holmes is credited with introducing the words "anesthesia" and "anesthetic" into the English language in 1846.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library