Author Question: Examples of positive self talk include: Standard Text: Select all that apply. 1. I will never be ... (Read 65 times)

littleanan

Examples of positive self talk include: Standard Text: Select all that apply.

1. I will never be able to do this without help.
  2. I can repeat the steps of this procedure until I get them right.
  3. This project is so big.
  4. This big project can be broken into smaller pieces.
  5. My workload is too heavy.

Question 2

When admitting a client who says he uses lots of alternative therapies, the nurse's initial priority is which of the following?

1. Teaching the client about the dangers of alternative therapy use
  2. Notifying the physician immediately
  3. Asking the client if he wishes to continue the therapies in the hospital
  4. Determining what therapies the client is using

moormoney

Answer to Question 1

Rationale 1: Positive self talk helps to calm and control stress. It influences self-esteem, and energy level. Affirmations are a way to improve self-talk.

Answer to Question 2

Rationale 1: The nurse's initial priority would be to find out exactly what types of therapies and herbals the client is using. If the client is using therapies that are contraindicated with the medical regimen, then the nurse would plan to teach the dangers and notify the physician. After determining the therapies, the nurse would ask what therapies the client plans to use during the hospitalization.