This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A nurse is preparing to teach a patient about heart failure. Which environment is best for patient ... (Read 27 times)

kamilo84

A nurse is preparing to teach a patient about heart failure. Which environment is best for patient learning?

a. A darkened, quiet room
  b. A well-lit, ventilated room
  c. A private room at 85 F temperature
  d. A group room for 10 to 12 patients with heart failure

Question 2

A nurse is working with a client to try to clarify the client's values in relation to his care. Which of the following is an example of the type of response that the nurse should use in such a situa-tion?

a. Your questions were pretty blunt.
  b. Tell me what you are thinking about.
  c. I've felt that way before; I'd be upset, too.
  d. You seem concerned about your tests. Let me explain them.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

allisonblackmore

Answer to Question 1

B
The ideal environment for learning is a room that is well lit and has good ventilation, appropriate furniture, and a comfortable temperature. Although quiet is appropriate, a darkened room interferes with the patient's ability to watch your actions, especially when you are demonstrating a skill or using visual aids such as posters or pamphlets. A room that is cold, hot, or stuffy makes the patient too uncomfortable to focus on the information being presented. Learning in a group of six or fewer is more effective than in larger groups and avoids outburst behaviors.

Answer to Question 2

B
Values clarification is the process of appraising one's own personal values. It involves self-reflection that leads to greater self-awareness and personal insight.
Values clarification is a process of self-discovery, and the nurse can assist the client through it. The character of the nurse's response to a client can motivate the client to examine personal thoughts and actions. When the nurse makes a clarifying response, it should be brief and non-judgemental. This response is a judgemental one.
The nurse should not influence the client with his or her own values, even if these values are similar to the client's.
The statement You seem concerned about your tests. Let me explain them is therapeutic in that it reflects the client's feelings and offers information. However, it does not encourage the client to examine his or her values.

kamilo84

Reply 2 on: Jul 22, 2018
Excellent

Jsherida

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Great answer, keep it coming :)

Did you know?

Malaria mortality rates are falling. Increased malaria prevention and control measures have greatly improved these rates. Since 2000, malaria mortality rates have fallen globally by 60% among all age groups, and by 65% among children under age 5.

Did you know?

To combat osteoporosis, changes in lifestyle and diet are recommended. At-risk patients should include 1,200 to 1,500 mg of calcium daily either via dietary means or with supplements.

Did you know?

Most women experience menopause in their 50s. However, in 1994, an Italian woman gave birth to a baby boy when she was 61 years old.

Did you know?

Human kidneys will clean about 1 million gallons of blood in an average lifetime.

Did you know?

Adult head lice are gray, about ? inch long, and often have a tiny dot on their backs. A female can lay between 50 and 150 eggs within the several weeks that she is alive. They feed on human blood.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library