This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The nurse knows that edema in a patient who has venous congestion from right heart failure is ... (Read 26 times)

futuristic

The nurse knows that edema in a patient who has venous congestion from right heart failure is facilitated by an imbalance with regard to _____ pressure.

a. Hydrostatic
  b. Osmotic
  c. Oncotic
  d. Concentration

Question 2

Which statement by the patient is an indication to use the Z-track method?

a. I'm really afraid that a big needle will hurt.
  b. The last shot like that turned my skin colors.
  c. I am allergic to many medications.
  d. My legs are too obese for the needle to go through.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

yahahah24021

Answer to Question 1

A
Venous congestion increases capillary hydrostatic pressure. Increased hydrostatic pressure causes edema by causing increased movement of fluid into the interstitial area. Osmotic and oncotic pressures involve the concentrations of solutes and can contribute to edema in other situations. Concentration pressure is not a nursing term.

Answer to Question 2

B
The Z-track is indicated when the medication being administered has the potential to irritate sensitive tissues. The Z-track method is not meant to reduce discomfort from the procedure. If a patient is allergic to a medication, it should not be administered. If a patient has additional subcutaneous tissue to go through, a needle of a different size may be selected.

futuristic

Reply 2 on: Jul 22, 2018
Great answer, keep it coming :)

alexanderhamilton

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

Most women experience menopause in their 50s. However, in 1994, an Italian woman gave birth to a baby boy when she was 61 years old.

Did you know?

Egg cells are about the size of a grain of sand. They are formed inside of a female's ovaries before she is even born.

Did you know?

Asthma is the most common chronic childhood disease in the world. Most children who develop asthma have symptoms before they are 5 years old.

Did you know?

The first monoclonal antibodies were made exclusively from mouse cells. Some are now fully human, which means they are likely to be safer and may be more effective than older monoclonal antibodies.

Did you know?

Asthma-like symptoms were first recorded about 3,500 years ago in Egypt. The first manuscript specifically written about asthma was in the year 1190, describing a condition characterized by sudden breathlessness. The treatments listed in this manuscript include chicken soup, herbs, and sexual abstinence.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library