This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A client has been diagnosed with terminal cancer of the liver and is receiving chemotherapy on a ... (Read 24 times)

swpotter12

A client has been diagnosed with terminal cancer of the liver and is receiving chemotherapy on a medical unit. In an in-depth conversation with the nurse, the client states, It can't be happening to me.

According to Kbler-Ross, with which of the following is this stage of dying associated? a. Anxiety
  b. Denial
  c. Confrontation
  d. Depression

Question 2

Which of the following client statements made by an older adult best reflects an understanding of the decrease in physical strength and stamina in this developmental stage?

a. I know I'm not as young as I used to be.
  b. I just hire help for jobs I can't do myself.
  c. When you get older, you can't do as much. That's life.
  d. I have to ask my son for help with the yard work.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

cam1229

Answer to Question 1

B
According to Kbler-Ross, the client is in the denial stage of dying. The client may act as though nothing has happened, may refuse to believe or understand that a loss has occurred and may seem stunned, as though it is unreal or difficult to believe.
No stage of anxiety is found in Kbler-Ross's five stages of dying.
No stage of confrontation is found in Kbler-Ross's five stages of dying.
During depression, the individual may feel overwhelmingly lonely and withdraw from interper-sonal interaction. Depression is one of Kbler-Ross's five stages of dying, but is not represented by this example.

Answer to Question 2

B
A common behavioural task of the older adult client is adjusting to decreasing physical strength. The statement I just hire help for jobs I can't do myself reflects the best adjustment because the client has developed a plan for coping.
The statement I know I'm not as young as I used to be does not address the issue of the client having a healthy acceptance or adjustment to a decrease in physical strength or stamina.
The statement When you get older, you can't do as much. That's life does not address the issue of the client having a healthy acceptance or adjustment to a decrease in physical strength or stamina.
The statement I have to ask my son for help with the yard work does not address the issue of the client having a healthy acceptance or adjustment to a decrease in physical strength or stamina.

swpotter12

Reply 2 on: Jul 22, 2018
:D TYSM

cassie_ragen

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Great answer, keep it coming :)

Did you know?

Stevens-Johnson syndrome and Toxic Epidermal Necrolysis syndrome are life-threatening reactions that can result in death. Complications include permanent blindness, dry-eye syndrome, lung damage, photophobia, asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, permanent loss of nail beds, scarring of mucous membranes, arthritis, and chronic fatigue syndrome. Many patients' pores scar shut, causing them to retain heat.

Did you know?

As of mid-2016, 18.2 million people were receiving advanced retroviral therapy (ART) worldwide. This represents between 43–50% of the 34–39.8 million people living with HIV.

Did you know?

Your chance of developing a kidney stone is 1 in 10. In recent years, approximately 3.7 million people in the United States were diagnosed with a kidney disease.

Did you know?

Adult head lice are gray, about ? inch long, and often have a tiny dot on their backs. A female can lay between 50 and 150 eggs within the several weeks that she is alive. They feed on human blood.

Did you know?

Your heart beats over 36 million times a year.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library