This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Bill is a 17-year-old patient who was admitted to the hospital after a motorcycle accident. He has ... (Read 30 times)

genevieve1028

Bill is a 17-year-old patient who was admitted to the hospital after a motorcycle accident. He has become a paraplegic as a result of his injuries. The nurse recognizes that Bill is ready to have another paraplegic visit him when he says:

A. I am going to spend the remainder of the school year at home.
  B. I don't want to go back to school.
  C. I'm not sure how I will manage going back to school in a wheelchair.
  D. I don't want the kids at school to feel sorry for me.

Question 2

One day after surgery a 4-year-old patient is having difficulty urinating. The nurse realizes that children often are unable to void:

A. in a urinal.
  B. lying in bed.
  C. in bathrooms other than their own.
  D. in the presence of persons other than their parents.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

Zack0mack0101@yahoo.com

Answer to Question 1

C
You will care for patients who are faced with the need to adapt to an altered body image as a result of surgery or other physical change. Often a visit by someone who has experienced similar changes and adapted to them is helpful. Signs that a person is receptive to such a visit include the patient's asking questions related to how to manage a particular aspect of what has happened or looking at the changed area.

Answer to Question 2

D
Anxiety and stress prevent urination because tension makes it difficult to relax abdominal mus-cles.

Did you know?

Every 10 seconds, a person in the United States goes to the emergency room complaining of head pain. About 1.2 million visits are for acute migraine attacks.

Did you know?

Thyroid conditions may make getting pregnant impossible.

Did you know?

Vital signs (blood pressure, temperature, pulse rate, respiration rate) should be taken before any drug administration. Patients should be informed not to use tobacco or caffeine at least 30 minutes before their appointment.

Did you know?

After a vasectomy, it takes about 12 ejaculations to clear out sperm that were already beyond the blocked area.

Did you know?

Asthma cases in Americans are about 75% higher today than they were in 1980.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library