Author Question: Sadie, a registered nurse was caring for Mr. Harris, an older adult patient with lung cancer. His ... (Read 36 times)

imowrer

Sadie, a registered nurse was caring for Mr. Harris, an older adult patient with lung cancer. His daughter, a nurse, asked Sadie to let her look at Mr. Harris' chart. Sadie's best reply should be:

A. I'm sorry; you will have to wait until I am done with my documentation to look at the chart.
  B. I'm sorry; this information is confidential.
  C. Let me ask my supervisor if it is okay.
  D. You should know better than to ask me that.

Question 2

Using the health promotion model while rendering care enables a nurse to do which of the following? Select all that apply.

A. Encourage wellness in the patient.
  B. Detect the presence of illness.
  C. Promote health behaviors.
  D. Assess a family's response to illness.
  E. Plan interventions that can assist a patient with achieving self-actualization.

TINA

Answer to Question 1

B
Do not disclose information about patients' status to other patients, family members (unless granted by the patient), or to health care staff not involved in their care. Legal and ethical obligations require nurses to keep information about patients strictly confidential.

Answer to Question 2

A, C
This model focuses on the individual and does not include assessing a family's response to illness. Self-actualization is the final stage in Maslow's hierarchy. Both encouraging wellness and promoting health behaviors are within a health promotion model.