This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A patient has been admitted to an acute care hospital unit. The nurse explains the hospital ... (Read 38 times)

moongchi

A patient has been admitted to an acute care hospital unit. The nurse explains the hospital philosophy that the patient be an active part of planning their care.

The patient verbalizes understanding of this request when they make which statement?
  a. I will have to do whatever the physician says I need to do.
  b. Once a plan is developed, it cannot be changed.
  c. My insurance will not pay if I don't do what you want me to do.
  d. We can work together to adjust my plan as we need to.

Question 2

The management of a community hospital is trying to encourage a more collaborative environment among staff members. Which concept is most important for management to develop first?

a. Post educational posters about how well collaboration is being performed
  b. Highlight that no single profession can meet the needs of all patients
  c. Provide meetings for each department on how their role affects patients
  d. Begin implementing evaluations of collaborative skills on annual performance reviews

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

Beatricemm

Answer to Question 1

ANS: D
Treatment plans need to be developed, evaluated, and adapted as needed based on the patient status and willingness to complete the prescribed care. Stating that the patient has to do whatever the care provider prescribes does not include the principle of collaboration. Care plans can be altered based on patient status. Insurance providers do not determine a patient's ability to complete prescribed care, although they do reimburse for standard care given.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: B
Recognizing that collaboration needs all professions to provide patient-centered care is an important first step to implementing a different philosophy in the hospital. Posting an evaluation of performance before education will not encourage participation. Collaboration requires an understanding of more than your own discipline. It is unfair to evaluate staff on a requirement that they have not been introduced to.

moongchi

Reply 2 on: Jul 22, 2018
Wow, this really help

frankwu0507

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

Did you know?

Although not all of the following muscle groups are commonly used, intramuscular injections may be given into the abdominals, biceps, calves, deltoids, gluteals, laterals, pectorals, quadriceps, trapezoids, and triceps.

Did you know?

Every 10 seconds, a person in the United States goes to the emergency room complaining of head pain. About 1.2 million visits are for acute migraine attacks.

Did you know?

Approximately one in four people diagnosed with diabetes will develop foot problems. Of these, about one-third will require lower extremity amputation.

Did you know?

Certain rare plants containing cyanide include apricot pits and a type of potato called cassava. Fortunately, only chronic or massive ingestion of any of these plants can lead to serious poisoning.

Did you know?

Congestive heart failure is a serious disorder that carries a reduced life expectancy. Heart failure is usually a chronic illness, and it may worsen with infection or other physical stressors.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library