This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A client states, I can't go to therapy every day. I can't miss that much work. They will fire me and ... (Read 19 times)

krzymel

A client states, I can't go to therapy every day. I can't miss that much work. They will fire me and then how will I provide for my family? Which is the most appropriate nursing diagnosis?

A) Ineffective Role Performance
  B) Caregiver Role Strain
  C) Denial
  D) Interrupted Family Process

Question 2

The nurse is providing assistance to a family experiencing altered family function. Which intervention should the nurse utilize? Select all that apply.

A) Assist the family to clarify the conflict.
  B) Correct misconceptions.
  C) Focus on facts, not feelings.
  D) Stress effective communication practices.
  E) Provide concrete feedback.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

Harbringer

Answer to Question 1

Ans: A
The client is concerned about his ability to provide for his family. Ineffective Role Performance would be the most appropriate diagnosis. Caregiver Role Strain focuses on the caregiver. Denial is not a NANDA-approved nursing diagnosis. Interrupted Family Process would be applicable if the client did lose his job and was not able to provide for his family.

Answer to Question 2

Ans: A, B, D, E
Aim interventions at resolving family conflicts by first identifying the participants willingness to acknowledge a problem and to work on their ability to communicate. Stress effective communication practices. Allow each member to speak, listen, and express feelings as well as facts. Clarify the conflict with participants, help participants identify contributing factors, correct misconceptions, provide concrete feedback based on nursing observations, assist participants to develop solutions, and support decision making among participants.

krzymel

Reply 2 on: Jul 22, 2018
Excellent

elyse44

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
:D TYSM

Did you know?

Most strokes are caused when blood clots move to a blood vessel in the brain and block blood flow to that area. Thrombolytic therapy can be used to dissolve the clot quickly. If given within 3 hours of the first stroke symptoms, this therapy can help limit stroke damage and disability.

Did you know?

Medication errors are three times higher among children and infants than with adults.

Did you know?

About 60% of newborn infants in the United States are jaundiced; that is, they look yellow. Kernicterus is a form of brain damage caused by excessive jaundice. When babies begin to be affected by excessive jaundice and begin to have brain damage, they become excessively lethargic.

Did you know?

Nitroglycerin is used to alleviate various heart-related conditions, and it is also the chief component of dynamite (but mixed in a solid clay base to stabilize it).

Did you know?

Signs and symptoms of a drug overdose include losing consciousness, fever or sweating, breathing problems, abnormal pulse, and changes in skin color.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library