This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The hospice nurse is visiting the older adult wife of a client 4 weeks after the client died. Which ... (Read 57 times)

Beheh

The hospice nurse is visiting the older adult wife of a client 4 weeks after the client died. Which comment by the wife concerns the hospice nurse the most?

A) I haven't started cleaning out my husband's closet yet.
  B) It is so hard to think that I won't see my husband again.
  C) Sometimes I just sit and cry.
  D) Eating alone is so lonely. I just lose my appetite when I think about it.

Question 2

An older adult client informs the nurse, I just don't feel like myself. I cry so easily and my mobility is so bad from my degenerative disk disease in my back.  What factor is most likely contributing to the client's depression?

A) Pain
  B) Shortness of breath
  C) Hearing loss
  D) Diminished vision

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

heinisk01

Answer to Question 1

Ans: D
The psychosocial aspects of eating alone after the death of a spouse can lead to problems in maintaining adequate nutrition. Leaving the closet untouched, missing her husband, and crying 4 weeks after the loss are normal grieving responses.

Answer to Question 2

Ans: A
Many factors place an older adult at risk for depression, including recent bereavement, a change in environment, alcohol or substance use, and chronic pain.

Beheh

Reply 2 on: Jul 22, 2018
Great answer, keep it coming :)

sailorcrescent

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Excellent

Did you know?

Allergies play a major part in the health of children. The most prevalent childhood allergies are milk, egg, soy, wheat, peanuts, tree nuts, and seafood.

Did you know?

Vaccines cause herd immunity. If the majority of people in a community have been vaccinated against a disease, an unvaccinated person is less likely to get the disease since others are less likely to become sick from it and spread the disease.

Did you know?

Not getting enough sleep can greatly weaken the immune system. Lack of sleep makes you more likely to catch a cold, or more difficult to fight off an infection.

Did you know?

More than nineteen million Americans carry the factor V gene that causes blood clots, pulmonary embolism, and heart disease.

Did you know?

Urine turns bright yellow if larger than normal amounts of certain substances are consumed; one of these substances is asparagus.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library