This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The hospice nurse is visiting the wife of a client who died 10 months ago. The wife states, My life ... (Read 33 times)

SAVANNAHHOOPER23

The hospice nurse is visiting the wife of a client who died 10 months ago. The wife states, My life is meaningless since my husband died. The nurse recognizes that the client is in which stage of grief?

A) Shock
  B) Protest
  C) Disorganization
  D) Reorganization

Question 2

When reviewing a client's chart, the nurse notes that the client is in the disorganization stage of grief. Which assessment finding would support this diagnosis?

A) A lot of the time I'm terrified that I'm going to die the same way.
  B) I haven't let my children out of my sight. I am afraid something will happen to them.
  C) I had a good time at my class reunion. It was nice to be out with other people again.
  D) I feel like I have absolutely no idea what to do next.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

shailee

Answer to Question 1

Ans: C
In the disorganization stage of grief, the client may exhibit difficulty making decisions, aimlessness, and loss of interest in people, work, and usual activities. In the protest stage of grief, the client may exhibit preoccupation with thoughts of the deceased, searching for the deceased, dreams/nightmares, hallucinations, and concerns about others health and safety. In the shock stage, the client may exhibit slowed and disorganized thinking, blocking of thoughts, and wish to join the deceased. In the reorganization stage of grief, the client may exhibit a realistic memory of deceased, be comfortable when remembering the deceased, and return to previous level of ability.

Answer to Question 2

Ans: D
In the disorganization stage of grief, the client may exhibit difficulty making decisions, aimlessness, decreased resistance to illness, and loss of interest in people, work, and usual activities. In the protest stage of grief, the client may exhibit preoccupation with thoughts of the deceased, searching for the deceased, dreams/nightmares, hallucinations, and concerns about others health and safety. In the shock stage, the client may exhibit slowed and disorganized thinking, blocking of thoughts, neglect of appearance, and wish to join the deceased. In the reorganization stage of grief, the client may exhibit a realistic memory of the deceased, be comfortable when remembering the deceased, and return to previous level of ability.

SAVANNAHHOOPER23

Reply 2 on: Jul 22, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

bulacsom

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Great answer, keep it coming :)

Did you know?

The heart is located in the center of the chest, with part of it tipped slightly so that it taps against the left side of the chest.

Did you know?

Symptoms of kidney problems include a loss of appetite, back pain (which may be sudden and intense), chills, abdominal pain, fluid retention, nausea, the urge to urinate, vomiting, and fever.

Did you know?

Though “Krazy Glue” or “Super Glue” has the ability to seal small wounds, it is not recommended for this purpose since it contains many substances that should not enter the body through the skin, and may be harmful.

Did you know?

In women, pharmacodynamic differences include increased sensitivity to (and increased effectiveness of) beta-blockers, opioids, selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors, and typical antipsychotics.

Did you know?

One way to reduce acid reflux is to lose two or three pounds. Most people lose weight in the belly area first when they increase exercise, meaning that heartburn can be reduced quickly by this method.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library