This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: After assessing a client, a nurse documents the state of awareness as confused. What part of the ... (Read 20 times)

bclement10

After assessing a client, a nurse documents the state of awareness as confused. What part of the brain controls awareness?

A) Cranial nerves
  B) Reticular activating system
  C) Hypothalamus
  D) Medulla

Question 2

The nurse is assessing a client's gustatory function. What approach by the nurse will assist in assessing this sensation?

A) Tell me if the taste on your tongue is sweet, sour, bitter, or salty.
  B) Repeat the words that I speak softly to you.
  C) Please read this paragraph to me.
  D) Close your eyes and tell me what you smell.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

jesse.fleming

Answer to Question 1

Ans: B
To receive stimuli and respond appropriately, the brain must be alert or aroused. The reticular activating system (RAS) mediates arousal.

Answer to Question 2

Ans: A
Gustatory sensations equate to taste. Repeating words assesses auditory function. Reading a paragraph assesses visual disturbances. Smelling assesses for olfactory disturbances.

bclement10

Reply 2 on: Jul 23, 2018
Gracias!

ryansturges

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
:D TYSM

Did you know?

The most common treatment options for addiction include psychotherapy, support groups, and individual counseling.

Did you know?

Street names for barbiturates include reds, red devils, yellow jackets, blue heavens, Christmas trees, and rainbows. They are commonly referred to as downers.

Did you know?

People with alcoholism are at a much greater risk of malnutrition than are other people and usually exhibit low levels of most vitamins (especially folic acid). This is because alcohol often takes the place of 50% of their daily intake of calories, with little nutritional value contained in it.

Did you know?

Between 1999 and 2012, American adults with high total cholesterol decreased from 18.3% to 12.9%

Did you know?

Vaccines cause herd immunity. If the majority of people in a community have been vaccinated against a disease, an unvaccinated person is less likely to get the disease since others are less likely to become sick from it and spread the disease.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library