This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A client is admitted to the health care facility with complaints of pain on urination that is ... (Read 27 times)

crobinson2013

A client is admitted to the health care facility with complaints of pain on urination that is secondary to a urinary tract infection (UTI). The nurse documents this finding as which of the following?

A) Polyuria
  B) Dysuria
  C) Nocturia
  D) Hematuria

Question 2

A client with a urinary tract infection is to be discharged from the health care facility.

After teaching the client about measures to prevent urinary tract infections, the nurse determines that the education was successful when the client states which of the following?

A) I should take frequent bubble baths.
  B) I need to void after sexual intercourse.
  C) I should wipe from back to front after going to the bathroom.
  D) I need to wear pants that are snug fitting.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

gstein359

Answer to Question 1

Ans: B
Dysuria means painful voiding. Pain is often associated with UTIs and is felt as a burning sensation during urination. Polyuria is the formation and excretion of excessive amounts of urine in the absence of a concurrent increase in fluid intake. Voiding during normal sleeping hours is called nocturia. Hematuria refers to blood in the urine.

Answer to Question 2

Ans: B
The client's statement about voiding after sexual intercourse to prevent urinary tract infection is accurate. Taking frequent bubble baths, wiping the perineum from back to front, and wearing snug fitting pants increases the risk of urinary tract infection. The client should avoid taking frequent bubble baths, using harsh soaps, and wearing tight-fitting pants because they can irritate the urethra. The client also should always wipe from front to back after urinary or fecal elimination.

crobinson2013

Reply 2 on: Jul 23, 2018
Wow, this really help

connor417

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

Did you know?

After a vasectomy, it takes about 12 ejaculations to clear out sperm that were already beyond the blocked area.

Did you know?

Thyroid conditions may make getting pregnant impossible.

Did you know?

Atropine was named after the Greek goddess Atropos, the oldest and ugliest of the three sisters known as the Fates, who controlled the destiny of men.

Did you know?

It is important to read food labels and choose foods with low cholesterol and saturated trans fat. You should limit saturated fat to no higher than 6% of daily calories.

Did you know?

Approximately one in four people diagnosed with diabetes will develop foot problems. Of these, about one-third will require lower extremity amputation.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library