This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A client has been prescribed a clear liquid diet. What food or fluids will be served? A) Milk, ... (Read 19 times)

EAugust

A client has been prescribed a clear liquid diet. What food or fluids will be served?

A) Milk, frozen dessert, egg substitutes
  B) High-calorie, high-protein supplements
  C) Hot cereals, ice cream, chocolate milk
  D) Jell-O, carbonated beverages, apple juice

Question 2

A nurse is feeding a client. Which of the following statements would help a person maintain dignity while being fed?

A) I am going to feed you your cereal first, and then your eggs.
  B) I wish I had more time so I could feed you all of your meal.
  C) I know you don't like me to feed you, but you need to eat.
  D) What part of your dinner would you like to eat first?

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

maya.nigrin17@yahoo.com

Answer to Question 1

Ans: D
Clear liquid diets contain only foods that are clear liquids at room or body temperature. Included are gelatin, fat-free broth, bouillon, ice pops, clear juices, carbonated beverages, regular and decaffeinated coffee, and tea. A full liquid diet includes all fluids and foods that become liquid at room temperature. This would include ice cream, chocolate milk, and liquid dietary supplements.

Answer to Question 2

Ans: D
The loss of independence that comes with the inability to self-feed can be a severe blow to a person's self-esteem. Asking the person his or her preference regarding the order of items eaten can help maintain dignity while being fed.

EAugust

Reply 2 on: Jul 23, 2018
Wow, this really help

cassie_ragen

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
:D TYSM

Did you know?

The lipid bilayer is made of phospholipids. They are arranged in a double layer because one of their ends is attracted to water while the other is repelled by water.

Did you know?

There are approximately 3 million unintended pregnancies in the United States each year.

Did you know?

Russia has the highest death rate from cardiovascular disease followed by the Ukraine, Romania, Hungary, and Poland.

Did you know?

The shortest mature adult human of whom there is independent evidence was Gul Mohammed in India. In 1990, he was measured in New Delhi and stood 22.5 inches tall.

Did you know?

The first successful kidney transplant was performed in 1954 and occurred in Boston. A kidney from an identical twin was transplanted into his dying brother's body and was not rejected because it did not appear foreign to his body.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library