This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A nurse is educating an elderly client with diabetes and his family members about the importance of ... (Read 25 times)

imowrer

A nurse is educating an elderly client with diabetes and his family members about the importance of a nutritious diet. The nurse knows that client education promotes which of the following purposes? Select all that apply.

A) Helps the nurse to restore optimal health in the client
  B) Helps the client to cope with alterations in health status
  C) Helps the nurse to be more aware of the client's health
  D) Helps the nurse to diagnose the client's illness early
  E) Helps the nurse to be well-informed about the client's care

Question 2

The National Patient Safety Foundation recently collaborated with the Partnership for Clear Health Communication (2007) to create awareness of the need for improved health literacy and developed the Ask Me 3 tool. Which of the following is an Ask Me 3

A) Who will be my health care provider?
  B) What is my main problem?
  C) What do I need to do?
  D) Where will I get help?
  E) Why is it important for me to do this?

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

gasdhashg

Answer to Question 1

Ans: A, B
Nurses are involved in client education to promote wellness (primary prevention), prevent or diagnose illness early (secondary prevention), restore optimal health and function if illness has occurred (tertiary prevention), and assist clients and families to cope with alterations in health status. Simply being knowledgeable about the client's health status and care is not enough. Nurses must know the education and learning process and know how best to include the client's family in the process.

Answer to Question 2

Ans: B, C, E
Ask Me 3 questions are: What is my main problem? What do I need to do? Why is it important for me to do this?

imowrer

Reply 2 on: Jul 23, 2018
Excellent

nothere

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Gracias!

Did you know?

A headache when you wake up in the morning is indicative of sinusitis. Other symptoms of sinusitis can include fever, weakness, tiredness, a cough that may be more severe at night, and a runny nose or nasal congestion.

Did you know?

Tobacco depletes the body of vitamins A, C, and E, which can result in any of the following: dry hair, dry skin, dry eyes, poor growth, night blindness, abscesses, insomnia, fatigue, reproductive system problems, sinusitis, pneumonia, frequent respiratory problems, skin disorders, weight loss, rickets, osteomalacia, nervousness, muscle spasms, leg cramps, extremity numbness, bone malformations, decayed teeth, difficulty in walking, irritability, restlessness, profuse sweating, increased uric acid (gout), joint damage, damaged red blood cells, destruction of nerves, infertility, miscarriage, and many types of cancer.

Did you know?

Disorders that may affect pharmacodynamics include genetic mutations, malnutrition, thyrotoxicosis, myasthenia gravis, Parkinson's disease, and certain forms of insulin-resistant diabetes mellitus.

Did you know?

Of the estimated 2 million heroin users in the United States, 600,000–800,000 are considered hardcore addicts. Heroin addiction is considered to be one of the hardest addictions to recover from.

Did you know?

Only one in 10 cancer deaths is caused by the primary tumor. The vast majority of cancer mortality is caused by cells breaking away from the main tumor and metastasizing to other parts of the body, such as the brain, bones, or liver.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library