This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A nurse is educating an elderly client with diabetes and his family members about the importance of ... (Read 18 times)

imowrer

A nurse is educating an elderly client with diabetes and his family members about the importance of a nutritious diet. The nurse knows that client education promotes which of the following purposes? Select all that apply.

A) Helps the nurse to restore optimal health in the client
  B) Helps the client to cope with alterations in health status
  C) Helps the nurse to be more aware of the client's health
  D) Helps the nurse to diagnose the client's illness early
  E) Helps the nurse to be well-informed about the client's care

Question 2

The National Patient Safety Foundation recently collaborated with the Partnership for Clear Health Communication (2007) to create awareness of the need for improved health literacy and developed the Ask Me 3 tool. Which of the following is an Ask Me 3

A) Who will be my health care provider?
  B) What is my main problem?
  C) What do I need to do?
  D) Where will I get help?
  E) Why is it important for me to do this?

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

gasdhashg

Answer to Question 1

Ans: A, B
Nurses are involved in client education to promote wellness (primary prevention), prevent or diagnose illness early (secondary prevention), restore optimal health and function if illness has occurred (tertiary prevention), and assist clients and families to cope with alterations in health status. Simply being knowledgeable about the client's health status and care is not enough. Nurses must know the education and learning process and know how best to include the client's family in the process.

Answer to Question 2

Ans: B, C, E
Ask Me 3 questions are: What is my main problem? What do I need to do? Why is it important for me to do this?

imowrer

Reply 2 on: Jul 23, 2018
Wow, this really help

debra928

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Gracias!

Did you know?

According to the Migraine Research Foundation, migraines are the third most prevalent illness in the world. Women are most affected (18%), followed by children of both sexes (10%), and men (6%).

Did you know?

People with high total cholesterol have about two times the risk for heart disease as people with ideal levels.

Did you know?

Nearly all drugs pass into human breast milk. How often a drug is taken influences the amount of drug that will pass into the milk. Medications taken 30 to 60 minutes before breastfeeding are likely to be at peak blood levels when the baby is nursing.

Did you know?

Each year in the United States, there are approximately six million pregnancies. This means that at any one time, about 4% of women in the United States are pregnant.

Did you know?

Blood is approximately twice as thick as water because of the cells and other components found in it.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library