This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The nurse is educating the mother of an infant age 4 months on safety concepts in child rearing. ... (Read 16 times)

dejastew

The nurse is educating the mother of an infant age 4 months on safety concepts in child rearing. Which of the following statements by the mother suggests that she may require some repetition and reinforcement of the information?

A) I must keep small objects out of the baby's reach.
  B) The baby will sleep in her crib, not with me and my husband.
  C) I must keep appointments for the baby's immunizations.
  D) The baby can sleep on her stomach during naps.

Question 2

The nurse is visiting with the mother of a child age 20 months. The mother reports concern about the frequency of the toddler's loud outbursts of temper and saying no.

The nurse recalls Erikson's theory about negativism and tells the mother which of the following?

A) This is normal, and this is how your child tries to exert control over his environment.
  B) This is unacceptable and you must provide appropriate discipline.
  C) This has to do with regression and is a response to stress.
  D) This is normal and has to do with learning right from wrong.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

coyin

Answer to Question 1

Ans: D

Because sleep habits have been implicated with SIDS, it is recommended that healthy infants up to the age of 6 months sleep on their back (rather than the stomach) on a firm surface in a safety-approved crib. There is a schedule that includes recommendations for infant immunizations from the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices. Because infants put small objects in their mouths, choking is a risk. Accidental deaths occur most commonly when infants share a bed with parents (cosleeping) and are inadvertently wedged beneath another person, trapped in a dangerous position, such as between the bed and the wall, or suffocated by bedding.

Answer to Question 2

Ans: A

Negativism (characteristically expressed by saying no) and outbursts of temper result from the toddler's efforts at control over the environment. Because this is normal, severe discipline is not warranted. Regression, or behavior that is more characteristic of a younger age, can occur at any time in response to stressful circumstances. Learning right from wrong is one of the tasks in Havighurst's theory.

dejastew

Reply 2 on: Jul 23, 2018
Gracias!

Joy Chen

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

The average human gut is home to perhaps 500 to 1,000 different species of bacteria.

Did you know?

In ancient Rome, many of the richer people in the population had lead-induced gout. The reason for this is unclear. Lead poisoning has also been linked to madness.

Did you know?

In 1885, the Lloyd Manufacturing Company of Albany, New York, promoted and sold "Cocaine Toothache Drops" at 15 cents per bottle! In 1914, the Harrison Narcotic Act brought the sale and distribution of this drug under federal control.

Did you know?

Less than one of every three adults with high LDL cholesterol has the condition under control. Only 48.1% with the condition are being treated for it.

Did you know?

Historic treatments for rheumatoid arthritis have included gold salts, acupuncture, a diet consisting of apples or rhubarb, nutmeg, nettles, bee venom, bracelets made of copper, prayer, rest, tooth extractions, fasting, honey, vitamins, insulin, snow collected on Christmas, magnets, and electric convulsion therapy.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library