This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A mother of three children under the age of 4 tells the nurse, I don't understand why my children ... (Read 32 times)

A mother of three children under the age of 4 tells the nurse, I don't understand why my children are so hard to toilet train before they are 2. How should the nurse respond?

A) Bladder control during the day usually occurs by ages 2.5 to 3 years.
  B) Do you think you are doing something wrong? They should be trained.
  C) I don't know. I will have to talk to your doctor, and I will let you know.
  D) I had that same problem. You just have to try harder.

Question 2

An adolescent client tells the nurse, I just don't want to live anymore. What should the nurse do next?

A) Document the adolescent's statement in the client record.
  B) Sit down and discuss all the reasons there are for living.
  C) Make an immediate referral to a suicide-prevention professional.
  D) Laughingly, teach the adolescent about making scary statements.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

aadams68

Answer to Question 1

Ans: A

Toddlers between the ages of 2.5 and 3 years usually have bladder control during the day and sometimes at night.

Answer to Question 2

Ans: C

Suicide is the third leading cause of death in adolescents and young adults. Verbal or nonverbal indicators of suicide should not be ignored; rather, an immediate referral should be made to a professional trained in suicide prevention.

Reply 2 on: Jul 23, 2018
Gracias!

xoxo123

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Wow, this really help

Did you know?

The highest suicide rate in the United States is among people ages 65 years and older. Almost 15% of people in this age group commit suicide every year.

Did you know?

A good example of polar molecules can be understood when trying to make a cake. If water and oil are required, they will not mix together. If you put them into a measuring cup, the oil will rise to the top while the water remains on the bottom.

Did you know?

Carbamazepine can interfere with the results of home pregnancy tests. If you are taking carbamazepine, do not try to test for pregnancy at home.

Did you know?

Hyperthyroidism leads to an increased rate of metabolism and affects about 1% of women but only 0.1% of men. For most people, this increased metabolic rate causes the thyroid gland to become enlarged (known as a goiter).

Did you know?

Amoebae are the simplest type of protozoans, and are characterized by a feeding and dividing trophozoite stage that moves by temporary extensions called pseudopodia or false feet.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library