This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A mother of three children under the age of 4 tells the nurse, I don't understand why my children ... (Read 34 times)

A mother of three children under the age of 4 tells the nurse, I don't understand why my children are so hard to toilet train before they are 2. How should the nurse respond?

A) Bladder control during the day usually occurs by ages 2.5 to 3 years.
  B) Do you think you are doing something wrong? They should be trained.
  C) I don't know. I will have to talk to your doctor, and I will let you know.
  D) I had that same problem. You just have to try harder.

Question 2

An adolescent client tells the nurse, I just don't want to live anymore. What should the nurse do next?

A) Document the adolescent's statement in the client record.
  B) Sit down and discuss all the reasons there are for living.
  C) Make an immediate referral to a suicide-prevention professional.
  D) Laughingly, teach the adolescent about making scary statements.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

aadams68

Answer to Question 1

Ans: A

Toddlers between the ages of 2.5 and 3 years usually have bladder control during the day and sometimes at night.

Answer to Question 2

Ans: C

Suicide is the third leading cause of death in adolescents and young adults. Verbal or nonverbal indicators of suicide should not be ignored; rather, an immediate referral should be made to a professional trained in suicide prevention.

Reply 2 on: Jul 23, 2018
Excellent

Liamb2179

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

More than nineteen million Americans carry the factor V gene that causes blood clots, pulmonary embolism, and heart disease.

Did you know?

Anti-aging claims should not ever be believed. There is no supplement, medication, or any other substance that has been proven to slow or stop the aging process.

Did you know?

Chronic marijuana use can damage the white blood cells and reduce the immune system's ability to respond to disease by as much as 40%. Without a strong immune system, the body is vulnerable to all kinds of degenerative and infectious diseases.

Did you know?

Vital signs (blood pressure, temperature, pulse rate, respiration rate) should be taken before any drug administration. Patients should be informed not to use tobacco or caffeine at least 30 minutes before their appointment.

Did you know?

Individuals are never “cured” of addictions. Instead, they learn how to manage their disease to lead healthy, balanced lives.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library