This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The nurse is reviewing the results of the patient's laboratory findings and notes an elevated ... (Read 35 times)

jrubin

The nurse is reviewing the results of the patient's laboratory findings and notes an elevated C-reactive protein (CRP). What does this indicate?

a. The patient had a myocardial infarction.
  b. The patient has inflammation in the body.
  c. The patient has reduced cardiac output.
  d. The patient's diet is high in cholesterol.

Question 2

The nurse teaching 8th grade girls addresses common myths about sexuality and body functions. Which statement by a student is an indication that teaching was effective?

a. After the first time I have sex, I need to begin some form of birth control to avoid pregnancy.
  b. Condoms are the most effective birth control and it is the only way I can be sure I won't get pregnant.
  c. I only have to worry about being infected with a sexually transmitted infection if I see a sore or have pain.
  d. Enjoyable sexual relationships or reaching orgasm simultaneously does not indicate the quality of the relationship.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

heyhey123

Answer to Question 1

B
An elevated CRP indicates the presence of inflammation in the body. This may, but does not necessarily, include arterial inflammation or a myocardial infarction. Many conditions can cause an elevated CRP, so a CRP is not specific to a myocardial infarction, as is a troponin or CPK-MB level. CRP is not related to measuring cardiac output. CRP elevations are not an indication of elevated cholesterol levels or a diet high in cholesterol.

Answer to Question 2

D
The goals of this teaching would be to dispel myths about sex and sexuality. The statement is accurate that simultaneous orgasm and good sexual relations do not predict the quality of a relationship. This dispels a myth to the contrary and reflects learning. The statement that a person cannot get pregnant the first time she has sex is a myth and would indicate the need for further teaching. Although condoms may be most effective when used correctly, they do not always prevent pregnancy; therefore, that statement indicates the need for further teaching. Sexually transmitted infections may not produce noticeable symptoms, especially in women, so this statement indicates the need for further teaching.

jrubin

Reply 2 on: Jul 23, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

ebonylittles

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Great answer, keep it coming :)

Did you know?

Though methadone is often used to treat dependency on other opioids, the drug itself can be abused. Crushing or snorting methadone can achieve the opiate "rush" desired by addicts. Improper use such as these can lead to a dangerous dependency on methadone. This drug now accounts for nearly one-third of opioid-related deaths.

Did you know?

All adults should have their cholesterol levels checked once every 5 years. During 2009–2010, 69.4% of Americans age 20 and older reported having their cholesterol checked within the last five years.

Did you know?

Human kidneys will clean about 1 million gallons of blood in an average lifetime.

Did you know?

Though “Krazy Glue” or “Super Glue” has the ability to seal small wounds, it is not recommended for this purpose since it contains many substances that should not enter the body through the skin, and may be harmful.

Did you know?

A serious new warning has been established for pregnant women against taking ACE inhibitors during pregnancy. In the study, the risk of major birth defects in children whose mothers took ACE inhibitors during the first trimester was nearly three times higher than in children whose mothers didn't take ACE inhibitors. Physicians can prescribe alternative medications for pregnant women who have symptoms of high blood pressure.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library