This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Which of the following task(s) may be delegated to a certified nursing assistant (CNA)? Select all ... (Read 13 times)

yoroshambo

Which of the following task(s) may be delegated to a certified nursing assistant (CNA)? Select all that apply.

a. Measuring and recording intake and output
  b. Performing a bedside dipstick urine test
  c. Applying a condom catheter to a male patient
  d. Assessing a patient's ability to collect a urine specimen
  e. Determining which type of catheter to insert

Question 2

A 70-year-old male with diabetic peripheral neuropathy reports a burning sensation in his feet. He also states, Those pain pills make me feel funny and they don't help my pain, so I don't take them.

Which of the following is likely to be most beneficial for treating this patient's neuropathic pain?
  a. Opioid analgesic (morphine)
  b. NSAID (ibuprofen)
  c. Antiepileptic drug (gabapentin)
  d. Narcotic analgesic with acetaminophen (hydrocodone)

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

IRincones

Answer to Question 1

A, B, C
Measuring and recording intake and output, performing a bedside dipstick urine test, and applying a condom catheter to a male patient are all tasks that can be delegated to a certified nursing assistant (CNA) trained in these procedures. A CNA cannot assess a patient's urinary and cognitive status to determine ability to collect a specimen, as this is the responsibility of the registered nurse. A CNA cannot determine which catheter type is most appropriate for a patient. This judgment would be made by the registered nurse or prescribed for specific patient needs.

Answer to Question 2

C
Gabapentin is an antiepileptic (also known as an anticonvulsant) that is also used in adults to treat neuropathic pain. Opioids (e.g., morphine, hydrocodone) are most effective for certain types of pain. For instance, visceral pain, which is more generalized, is most responsive to opioid treatment, whereas neuropathic pain is resistant to opioids. Acetaminophen alone is likely not strong enough to relieve neuropathic pain.

yoroshambo

Reply 2 on: Jul 23, 2018
:D TYSM

helenmarkerine

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

Earwax has antimicrobial properties that reduce the viability of bacteria and fungus in the human ear.

Did you know?

In most climates, 8 to 10 glasses of water per day is recommended for adults. The best indicator for adequate fluid intake is frequent, clear urination.

Did you know?

The oldest recorded age was 122. Madame Jeanne Calment was born in France in 1875 and died in 1997. She was a vegetarian and loved olive oil, port wine, and chocolate.

Did you know?

Critical care patients are twice as likely to receive the wrong medication. Of these errors, 20% are life-threatening, and 42% require additional life-sustaining treatments.

Did you know?

This year, an estimated 1.4 million Americans will have a new or recurrent heart attack.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library