This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The nurse has instructed a group of parents about common adolescent behavior. Which comment by the ... (Read 10 times)

karlynnae

The nurse has instructed a group of parents about common adolescent behavior. Which comment by the parent would indicate the most urgent need for further discussion?

a. I guess my daughter won't be asking my opinion very much.
  b. I'm really going to watch my daughter's eating habits.
  c. We are really going to have to think about rules we want to enforce after he gets his driver's license.
  d. We don't keep alcohol in the house, so that's at least one thing we don't need to worry about.

Question 2

Which comment made by a woman in her early 50s would be a cue indicating the need for further assessment for a problem?

a. My skin is so dry I need to use lotion every day after I bathe.
  b. I have episodes when I feel really hot even when others are not.
  c. It's getting harder to lift those big bags of dog food.
  d. I have to write myself notes because I'm getting so forgetful.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

Jossy

Answer to Question 1

D
Concerns about alcohol intake during adolescence are highest priority, regardless of whether or not it is stored in the home. Alcohol-related injury and death are a risk that should be avoided in every circumstance. Not having alcohol in the house does not guarantee the teenager won't consume it with his friends. During the teen years, the relationships among peers strengthen and strongly influence adolescent behavior. Although the parents typically still maintain influence on the core values in the home, teens seek peers' opinions for matters about social life or concerns of everyday living. As teens are developmentally concerned with appearance and social relationships, there can be an overemphasis on body image, leading to obesity and eating disorders. Motor vehicle accidents are a leading cause of death for teenagers typically because of distractibility, inattention, impulsiveness, and inexperience in various driving situations.

Answer to Question 2

D
Memory in middle adulthood should remain intact. There is a normal decrease in skin moisture and muscle tone in middle adulthood. The perimenopausal period occurs during this time, hallmarked by hot flashes and night sweats.

karlynnae

Reply 2 on: Jul 23, 2018
Excellent

FergA

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
:D TYSM

Did you know?

Dogs have been used in studies to detect various cancers in human subjects. They have been trained to sniff breath samples from humans that were collected by having them breathe into special tubes. These people included 55 lung cancer patients, 31 breast cancer patients, and 83 cancer-free patients. The dogs detected 54 of the 55 lung cancer patients as having cancer, detected 28 of the 31 breast cancer patients, and gave only three false-positive results (detecting cancer in people who didn't have it).

Did you know?

All adverse reactions are commonly charted in red ink in the patient's record and usually are noted on the front of the chart. Failure to follow correct documentation procedures may result in malpractice lawsuits.

Did you know?

Anti-aging claims should not ever be believed. There is no supplement, medication, or any other substance that has been proven to slow or stop the aging process.

Did you know?

There are 20 feet of blood vessels in each square inch of human skin.

Did you know?

Approximately 500,000 babies are born each year in the United States to teenage mothers.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library