This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Which of the following is considered a strength of the nursing profession? a. Biomedical focus ... (Read 13 times)

Arii_bell

Which of the following is considered a strength of the nursing profession?

a. Biomedical focus
  b. Psychosocial focus
  c. Biopsychosocial focus
  d. Physical focus

Question 2

The nurse believes that a patient may be experiencing a lot of stress at home. The patient is angry and states, It is too much for me to handle. You don't know what I am going through.

What is the most appropriate response(s) by the nurse? Select all that apply.
  a. I don't know what you are going through, can you tell me more?
  b. Please don't be angry with me. We all do the best we can here.
  c. How long have you been dealing with this stress?
  d. How do you usually manage your stress?

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

wuly

Answer to Question 1

C
A strength of the nursing profession is the ability to go beyond the biomedical, psychosocial, or physical focus to care for the entire person. This approach focuses on the overall biopsychosocial well-being of the patient.

Answer to Question 2

A, C, D
When a patient is experiencing stress and verbalizing his complaints to the nurse, it would be usual for him to be anxious and angry. However, when expressed appropriately and clearly, some anger can be adaptive, because it temporarily releases the person's feelings of tension. The nurse, however, should not apologize to the patient nor minimize the anger by stating, We are all doing the best we can. What is causing stress? How long have you been dealing with stress? How have you managed stress in the past? and How long have you been dealing with this stress? are all appropriate questions asked by the nurse.

Arii_bell

Reply 2 on: Jul 23, 2018
Great answer, keep it coming :)

T4T

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

Did you know?

Thyroid conditions cause a higher risk of fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue syndrome.

Did you know?

Vital signs (blood pressure, temperature, pulse rate, respiration rate) should be taken before any drug administration. Patients should be informed not to use tobacco or caffeine at least 30 minutes before their appointment.

Did you know?

Historic treatments for rheumatoid arthritis have included gold salts, acupuncture, a diet consisting of apples or rhubarb, nutmeg, nettles, bee venom, bracelets made of copper, prayer, rest, tooth extractions, fasting, honey, vitamins, insulin, snow collected on Christmas, magnets, and electric convulsion therapy.

Did you know?

The average human gut is home to perhaps 500 to 1,000 different species of bacteria.

Did you know?

People about to have surgery must tell their health care providers about all supplements they take.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library