This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Assertive communication is an appropriate approach for nurses to use in the clinical area. It ... (Read 31 times)

JGIBBSON

Assertive communication is an appropriate approach for nurses to use in the clinical area. It decreases the risk for miscommunication with colleagues, clients, and their families.

Which of the following would be an example of this type of communication technique when a nurse is addressing a physician?
  1. You need to check the laboratory results of the client in room 423.
  2. You should visit with the client's family about the upcoming procedure.
  3. We need to be more aware of the situation among the client and the client's family.
  4. I am concerned that the client does not have adequate pain management.

Question 2

A nurse needs to evaluate the effectiveness of a teaching session with a client. Which of the following would provide the best feedback?

1. Client communication
  2. Process recording
  3. Therapeutic communication
  4. Verbal communication

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

Toya9913

Answer to Question 1

Correct Answer: 4
Rationale: An important characteristic of assertive communication includes the use of I statements versus you statements. You statements place blame and put the listener in a defensive position. I statements encourage discussion.

Answer to Question 2

Correct Answer: 2
Rationale: A process recording is a word-for-word account of a conversation. It includes all verbal and nonverbal interactions of both the client and nurse. It would be appropriate to use for evaluating the effectiveness of a teaching session. Client communication, therapeutic communication, and verbal communication are simply types of communication-all of which are helpful in client interactions but do not provide a vehicle for evaluation.

JGIBBSON

Reply 2 on: Jul 23, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

shailee

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Gracias!

Did you know?

The average human gut is home to perhaps 500 to 1,000 different species of bacteria.

Did you know?

The term pharmacology is derived from the Greek words pharmakon("claim, medicine, poison, or remedy") and logos ("study").

Did you know?

Human kidneys will clean about 1 million gallons of blood in an average lifetime.

Did you know?

More than 150,000 Americans killed by cardiovascular disease are younger than the age of 65 years.

Did you know?

Side effects from substance abuse include nausea, dehydration, reduced productivitiy, and dependence. Though these effects usually worsen over time, the constant need for the substance often overcomes rational thinking.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library