This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Related to Problem Oriented Medical Record (POMR) documentation, which of the following statements ... (Read 78 times)

Sportsfan2111

Related to Problem Oriented Medical Record (POMR) documentation, which of the following statements made by a nurse reflects the greatest need for additional instruction on the proper management of a resolved client problem?

1. His surgery corrected the mobility problem, so I drew a line through it and dated it.
  2. The client's problem list has several resolved problems on it; should I take them off?
  3. The client no longer has anxiety issues so I highlighted that problem on his prob-lem list.
  4. He doesn't experience any dizziness now that we have his medication regulated, so I've erased that from his problem list.

Question 2

The nurse realizes that the incorrect spelling of terms in the medical record most importantly:

1. Shows a lack of competency
  2. Displays little attention to detail
  3. Contributes to serious treatment errors
  4. Negatively affects the accuracy of the documentation

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

adammoses97

Answer to Question 1

ANS: 4
New problems are added as they are identified. When a problem has been resolved, record the date and highlight it or draw a line through the problem and its number. Erasure is not an ac-ceptable method of showing that a problem has been resolved.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: 3
Spelling errors can result in serious treatment errors; for example, the names of certain medica-tions such as digitoxin and digoxin or morphine and Numorphan are similar. Misspelling such terms can result in medication errors that may cause serious harm to a client. The other options are correct but do not have the seriousness of client care errors.

Sportsfan2111

Reply 2 on: Jul 23, 2018
Great answer, keep it coming :)

kthug

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Excellent

Did you know?

Computer programs are available that crosscheck a new drug's possible trade name with all other trade names currently available. These programs detect dangerous similarities between names and alert the manufacturer of the drug.

Did you know?

Each year in the United States, there are approximately six million pregnancies. This means that at any one time, about 4% of women in the United States are pregnant.

Did you know?

No drugs are available to relieve parathyroid disease. Parathyroid disease is caused by a parathyroid tumor, and it needs to be removed by surgery.

Did you know?

In 1864, the first barbiturate (barbituric acid) was synthesized.

Did you know?

Recent studies have shown that the number of medication errors increases in relation to the number of orders that are verified per pharmacist, per work shift.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library