This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: I've never told anyone this information about my son, is an example of a parent: 1. Identifying ... (Read 33 times)

FButt

I've never told anyone this information about my son, is an example of a parent:

1. Identifying problems
  2. Building trust
  3. Clarifying roles
  4. Revealing

Question 2

The nurse will often display empathy in communication with clients. Of the following responses by the nurse, which one best conveys empathy?

1. Good morning. How did you sleep last night?
  2. I can understand your concern about learning to inject yourself.
  3. Do you mean you would like to talk to the new family nurse practitioner?
  4. Can you describe to me what the pain in your abdomen feels like right now?

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

Dinolord

Answer to Question 1

ANS: 2
This response is an example of trust. Trusting another person involves risk and vulnerability, but it also fosters open, therapeutic communication and enhances the expression of feelings, thoughts, and needs. This statement is not an example of revealing. Although the parent may have provid-ed information that was never before revealed, in this statement the parent is indicating there is trust between himself or herself and the nurse practitioner. This statement is not clarifying roles of the nurse and client. This statement is not an example of identifying problems and goals.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: 2
I can understand your concern about learning to inject yourself is correct. Empathy is the abil-ity to understand and accept another person's reality, to accurately perceive feelings, and to communicate this understanding to others. Good morning. How did you sleep last night? is asking a question. It does not convey empathy. Do you mean you would like to talk to the new family nurse practitioner? is asking a question to clarify the client's meaning. It does not convey empathy. Can you describe to me what the pain in your abdomen feels like right now? is asking a relevant question that may focus on a particular topic. It is not an example of empathy.

FButt

Reply 2 on: Jul 23, 2018
Great answer, keep it coming :)

parker125

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Wow, this really help

Did you know?

The first oral chemotherapy drug for colon cancer was approved by FDA in 2001.

Did you know?

Allergies play a major part in the health of children. The most prevalent childhood allergies are milk, egg, soy, wheat, peanuts, tree nuts, and seafood.

Did you know?

Approximately one in four people diagnosed with diabetes will develop foot problems. Of these, about one-third will require lower extremity amputation.

Did you know?

The first documented use of surgical anesthesia in the United States was in Connecticut in 1844.

Did you know?

Amoebae are the simplest type of protozoans, and are characterized by a feeding and dividing trophozoite stage that moves by temporary extensions called pseudopodia or false feet.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library