This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The nurse is showing respect for a client's right to autonomy regarding an invasive procedure by: ... (Read 38 times)

jasdeep_brar

The nurse is showing respect for a client's right to autonomy regarding an invasive procedure by:

1. Obtaining consent for the procedure
  2. Performing the procedure appropriately
  3. Providing client education regarding the procedure
  4. Being frank when discussing the pros and cons of the procedure

Question 2

Which of the following statements reflects application of the specific ethical principle of confi-dentiality?

1. I'm concerned that funding may affect the outpatient program.
  2. I'm going to make sure that the client understands the instructions.
  3. I cannot share that information with you about the client's condition.
  4. I need to get more information about the client's personal health history.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

sultana.d

Answer to Question 1

ANS: 1
The signed consent ensures that the nurse obtained the client's permission before proceeding with the procedure. The remaining options are examples of nonmaleficence, client right to be in-formed, and veracity.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: 3
I cannot share that information with you about the client's condition reflects the application of the ethical principle of confidentiality. Information is not to be shared with others without spe-cific client consent. I'm concerned that funding may affect the outpatient program reflects a concern regarding allocation of resources. It is not a confidentiality issue. The nurse who makes sure a client has gained understanding is being ethically responsible. I need to get more infor-mation about the client's personal health history reflects data gathering. Information gathered is to be used for the purpose of providing competent health care. It should not be shared with oth-ers without specific consent of the client.

jasdeep_brar

Reply 2 on: Jul 23, 2018
Gracias!

JaynaD87

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

Opium has influenced much of the world's most popular literature. The following authors were all opium users, of varying degrees: Lewis Carroll, Charles, Dickens, Arthur Conan Doyle, and Oscar Wilde.

Did you know?

Anti-aging claims should not ever be believed. There is no supplement, medication, or any other substance that has been proven to slow or stop the aging process.

Did you know?

The horizontal fraction bar was introduced by the Arabs.

Did you know?

As the western states of America were settled, pioneers often had to drink rancid water from ponds and other sources. This often resulted in chronic diarrhea, causing many cases of dehydration and death that could have been avoided if clean water had been available.

Did you know?

According to the American College of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology, more than 50 million Americans have some kind of food allergy. Food allergies affect between 4 and 6% of children, and 4% of adults, according to the CDC. The most common food allergies include shellfish, peanuts, walnuts, fish, eggs, milk, and soy.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library