This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The nurse is showing respect for a client's right to autonomy regarding an invasive procedure by: ... (Read 40 times)

jasdeep_brar

The nurse is showing respect for a client's right to autonomy regarding an invasive procedure by:

1. Obtaining consent for the procedure
  2. Performing the procedure appropriately
  3. Providing client education regarding the procedure
  4. Being frank when discussing the pros and cons of the procedure

Question 2

Which of the following statements reflects application of the specific ethical principle of confi-dentiality?

1. I'm concerned that funding may affect the outpatient program.
  2. I'm going to make sure that the client understands the instructions.
  3. I cannot share that information with you about the client's condition.
  4. I need to get more information about the client's personal health history.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

sultana.d

Answer to Question 1

ANS: 1
The signed consent ensures that the nurse obtained the client's permission before proceeding with the procedure. The remaining options are examples of nonmaleficence, client right to be in-formed, and veracity.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: 3
I cannot share that information with you about the client's condition reflects the application of the ethical principle of confidentiality. Information is not to be shared with others without spe-cific client consent. I'm concerned that funding may affect the outpatient program reflects a concern regarding allocation of resources. It is not a confidentiality issue. The nurse who makes sure a client has gained understanding is being ethically responsible. I need to get more infor-mation about the client's personal health history reflects data gathering. Information gathered is to be used for the purpose of providing competent health care. It should not be shared with oth-ers without specific consent of the client.

jasdeep_brar

Reply 2 on: Jul 23, 2018
:D TYSM

emsimon14

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Wow, this really help

Did you know?

Nitroglycerin is used to alleviate various heart-related conditions, and it is also the chief component of dynamite (but mixed in a solid clay base to stabilize it).

Did you know?

The use of salicylates dates back 2,500 years to Hippocrates's recommendation of willow bark (from which a salicylate is derived) as an aid to the pains of childbirth. However, overdosage of salicylates can harm body fluids, electrolytes, the CNS, the GI tract, the ears, the lungs, the blood, the liver, and the kidneys and cause coma or death.

Did you know?

Though the United States has largely rejected the metric system, it is used for currency, as in 100 pennies = 1 dollar. Previously, the British currency system was used, with measurements such as 12 pence to the shilling, and 20 shillings to the pound.

Did you know?

It is important to read food labels and choose foods with low cholesterol and saturated trans fat. You should limit saturated fat to no higher than 6% of daily calories.

Did you know?

Most fungi that pathogenically affect humans live in soil. If a person is not healthy, has an open wound, or is immunocompromised, a fungal infection can be very aggressive.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library