This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Which of the following statements made by a new nursing graduate requires immediate fol-low-up by ... (Read 7 times)

vicotolentino

Which of the following statements made by a new nursing graduate requires immediate fol-low-up by the nurse's mentor?

1. Older clients with arthritis require additional time to complete to complete their own AM care.
  2. My client's wife says he loves chocolate milk so I will order his dietary supple-ment in chocolate.
  3. My client just received some bad news regarding her tests. I'll see if the chaplain can visit this evening.
  4. Teenage diabetics seem to have a more difficult time making good food choices in order to control their blood sugars.

Question 2

The fundamental goal for the development of a protocol for care of a client who has had a myo-cardial infarction client is to:

1. Implement care that has its basis in evidence-based practice
  2. Produce care plans that are specific to the individual client needs
  3. Improve the standard of care provided to the clients cared for on that unit
  4. Provide the staff on that unit with guidelines to ensure the delivery of quality care

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

fraziera112

Answer to Question 1

ANS: 3
The nurse delivers each intervention within the context of a client's unique situation. It is an as-sumption that a client who has received bad news would want a visit from a clergy member. The other options represent statements relating to normal characteristics of a specific develop-ment stage, condition, or preference.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: 3
Clinicians within a health care agency sometimes choose to review the scientific literature and their own standard of practice to develop guidelines and protocols in an effort to improve their standard of care. All the other options are potential outcomes of the implementation of a proto-col.

vicotolentino

Reply 2 on: Jul 23, 2018
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

ryhom

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Great answer, keep it coming :)

Did you know?

Thyroid conditions may make getting pregnant impossible.

Did you know?

If you could remove all of your skin, it would weigh up to 5 pounds.

Did you know?

Only one in 10 cancer deaths is caused by the primary tumor. The vast majority of cancer mortality is caused by cells breaking away from the main tumor and metastasizing to other parts of the body, such as the brain, bones, or liver.

Did you know?

There are more sensory neurons in the tongue than in any other part of the body.

Did you know?

Many supplement containers do not even contain what their labels say. There are many documented reports of products containing much less, or more, that what is listed on their labels. They may also contain undisclosed prescription drugs and even contaminants.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library