This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Which of the following client statements, made by a young adult regarding health promotion habits, ... (Read 11 times)

james0929

Which of the following client statements, made by a young adult regarding health promotion habits, reflects a need for further client education by the nurse?

1. I go to the gym and work out 3 times a week with friends.
  2. My dad has high cholesterol, so I have mine checked yearly.
  3. Diabetes runs in my family, so I watch my carbohydrate intake.
  4. I drink alcohol only on weekends, when it doesn't interfere with work.

Question 2

Which of the following statements made by the parents of a newborn best reflects an under-standing regarding the diagnosis of postpartum depression?

1. I helped my sister when she was depressed after the birth of her second child.
  2. I have a wonderfully supportive family who will be there if I start feeling de-pressed.
  3. We've read over the literature, and I'll be able to recognize any signs of depres-sion in my wife.
  4. Most new moms get a little depressed, but we will be sure to pay attention to any real indications of a problem.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

morrie123456

Answer to Question 1

ANS: 4
The correct answer reflects a poor understanding of alcohol abuse. The primary criterion for healthy alcohol consumption is not drinking only when it will not affect work. Further education regarding responsible alcohol consumption and alcoholism is appropriate. The other options re-flect a good understanding of health promotion habits.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: 3
Having someone in close contact with the new mom available to assess her for possible signs of postpartum depression shows both an understanding of the condition as well as a desire to man-age it if it occurs.

james0929

Reply 2 on: Jul 23, 2018
Gracias!

ecabral0

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Great answer, keep it coming :)

Did you know?

Adult head lice are gray, about ? inch long, and often have a tiny dot on their backs. A female can lay between 50 and 150 eggs within the several weeks that she is alive. They feed on human blood.

Did you know?

Though methadone is often used to treat dependency on other opioids, the drug itself can be abused. Crushing or snorting methadone can achieve the opiate "rush" desired by addicts. Improper use such as these can lead to a dangerous dependency on methadone. This drug now accounts for nearly one-third of opioid-related deaths.

Did you know?

Urine turns bright yellow if larger than normal amounts of certain substances are consumed; one of these substances is asparagus.

Did you know?

Anti-aging claims should not ever be believed. There is no supplement, medication, or any other substance that has been proven to slow or stop the aging process.

Did you know?

Alcohol acts as a diuretic. Eight ounces of water is needed to metabolize just 1 ounce of alcohol.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library