This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Which of the following statements made by a 27-year-old client shows the greatest need for fur-ther ... (Read 36 times)

moongchi

Which of the following statements made by a 27-year-old client shows the greatest need for fur-ther nursing assessment regarding the potential use of illegal drugs?

1. Whether you wear a helmet or not should be the choice of the motorcyclist.
  2. I fractured my hand 3 years ago when I got so mad I hit a wall in my dorm room.
  3. I like to drink a bit too much, and I lost my license once for drinking and driv-ing.
  4. My father suffered from depression when he lost his job, and he still takes med-ication for it.

Question 2

Which of the following client responses shows the best understanding regarding the management of risk factors for acquiring a sexually transmitted disease (STD) among young adults?

1. I may want to have children someday, so I need to be careful.
  2. Even though there are treatments for STDs, I don't take chances.
  3. There is certainly enough literature out there on the use of condoms.
  4. Having unprotected sex with someone my age is very risky business.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

Eunice618

Answer to Question 1

ANS: 3
Reports of arrests because of driving while intoxicated, wife or child abuse, or disorderly con-duct are reasons for you to investigate the possibility of drug abuse more carefully.
A tendency toward high-risk behavior such as extreme sports or not using safety equipment is not necessarily a risk factor for illegal drug use.
A tendency toward violent behavior is not necessarily a risk factor for illegal drug abuse.
A family history of depression is not necessarily a risk factor for illegal drug abuse.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: 4
Sexually transmitted diseases (STDs) remain a major public health problem for sexually active persons, with almost half of all new infections occurring in men and women younger than 24 years of age (USDHHS, CDC, 2004).
While it is true that some STDs can result in infertility, this option doesn't show the greatest un-derstanding since it focuses on only one outcome.
While some STDs respond well to early treatment, some STDs, such as genital herpes and human immunodeficiency virus (HIV), can only be managed since a cure is not currently available.

moongchi

Reply 2 on: Jul 23, 2018
:D TYSM

bulacsom

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

Medications that are definitely not safe to take when breastfeeding include radioactive drugs, antimetabolites, some cancer (chemotherapy) agents, bromocriptine, ergotamine, methotrexate, and cyclosporine.

Did you know?

Since 1988, the CDC has reported a 99% reduction in bacterial meningitis caused by Haemophilus influenzae, due to the introduction of the vaccine against it.

Did you know?

Complications of influenza include: bacterial pneumonia, ear and sinus infections, dehydration, and worsening of chronic conditions such as asthma, congestive heart failure, or diabetes.

Did you know?

Drug-induced pharmacodynamic effects manifested in older adults include drug-induced renal toxicity, which can be a major factor when these adults are experiencing other kidney problems.

Did you know?

Looking at the sun may not only cause headache and distort your vision temporarily, but it can also cause permanent eye damage. Any exposure to sunlight adds to the cumulative effects of ultraviolet (UV) radiation on your eyes. UV exposure has been linked to eye disorders such as macular degeneration, solar retinitis, and corneal dystrophies.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library