This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Which of the following statements made by a 75-year-old client shows the best understanding of how ... (Read 29 times)

azncindy619

Which of the following statements made by a 75-year-old client shows the best understanding of how the aging process affects the musculoskeletal system?

1. I drink milk and eat cheese to get my calcium.
  2. I walk 1 mile everyday to strengthen my bones.
  3. I wear sensible shoes so I won't sprain an ankle.
  4. At my age I might never fully recover from a hip fracture.

Question 2

An assisted living facility has provided its clients with an educational program on safe admin-istration of prescribed medications. Which statement made by an older-adult client reflects the best understanding of safe self-administration of medications?

1. I don't seem to have problems with side effects, but I'll let my doctor know if something happens.
  2. I'm lucky since my daughter is really good about keeping up with my medica-tions.
  3. I'll be sure to read the inserts and ask the pharmacist if I don't understand something.
  4. It shouldn't be too hard to keep it straight since I don't have any really serious health issues.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

onowka

Answer to Question 1

ANS: 2
Older adults who exercise regularly do not lose as much bone and muscle mass or muscle tone as those who are inactive. Walking regularly shows that this client has an understanding of and the disciple to work on health promotion habits for a healthy musculoskeletal system. While this op-tion shows an understanding regarding osteoporosis and the need for calcium, it is not the best option because it focuses on only one aspect of musculoskeletal health. This option focuses only on safety measures, and so it is not the best option. While this option shows an understanding regarding the seriousness of a hip fracture for someone of older age, it is not the best option be-cause it focuses on only one aspect of musculoskeletal health.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: 3
This option reflects an understanding of the importance to understand the various aspects of the medication and its effects on the client. The older adult should be encouraged to question the physician and/or pharmacist about all prescribed drugs and over-the-counter drugs. Although this option reflects an understanding of potential risk for side effects, it is not the best option because it focuses on only one aspect of self-medication. This option appears to have the client delegating responsibility to the daughter. This option appears to have the client minimizing the importance of informed self-administration.

azncindy619

Reply 2 on: Jul 23, 2018
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

kalskdjl1212

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

Nearly 31 million adults in America have a total cholesterol level that is more than 240 mg per dL.

Did you know?

Your heart beats over 36 million times a year.

Did you know?

In most climates, 8 to 10 glasses of water per day is recommended for adults. The best indicator for adequate fluid intake is frequent, clear urination.

Did you know?

Today, nearly 8 out of 10 pregnant women living with HIV (about 1.1 million), receive antiretrovirals.

Did you know?

People often find it difficult to accept the idea that bacteria can be beneficial and improve health. Lactic acid bacteria are good, and when eaten, these bacteria improve health and increase longevity. These bacteria included in foods such as yogurt.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library