This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A nurse is preparing to discharge an 11-month-old child after a hospitalization for a viral ... (Read 76 times)

humphriesbr@me.com

A nurse is preparing to discharge an 11-month-old child after a hospitalization for a viral infec-tion. The nurse uses anticipatory guidance most effectively when:

1. Encouraging the parents to limit visitors for 14 days
  2. Providing the parents with written discharge instructions
  3. Arranging the follow-up pediatrician appointment for the parents
  4. Informing the parents that the child may cry when taken to daycare

Question 2

Which of the following situations/statements best depicts Gould's fourth theme of adult devel-opment?

1. When I made that decision, I didn't expect it to turn out like it did.
  2. I have to take the opportunity to be my own boss and not rely on others.
  3. I think you can do anything if only you have your health and good friends.
  4. As much as I'd love to open my own shop, I just can't take that kind of chance.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

abro1885

Answer to Question 1

ANS: 4
A nurse's use of anticipatory guidance (derived from an understanding of the characteristics shown by clients in the trust versus mistrust phase of development) will help parents cope with the hospitalization of an infant and the infant's behaviors when discharged to home. The child's sense of trust may be challenged during hospitalization and may need support from parents when returning home. Encouraging the parents to limit visitors for 14 days is more educational and re-lated to the child's physical recovery. Providing the parents with written discharge instructions is more educational and designed to reinforce the information. Arranging the follow-up pediatrician appointment for the parents is an action included in the discharge planning.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: 4
The fourth theme, identified in the 40s and called the die is cast, indicates resignation and the belief that possibilities are limited. The personality is set. Individuals believe changes in career are less likely to be successful. Parents are blamed for their lack of choices. Individuals face regret for mistakes made with children. The second theme occurs during the early 30s and asks, Is what I am the only way for me to be? This question occurs when young adults experience the consequences of the decisions of their independence. Gould's development themes start when individuals are in their 20s with, I have to get away from my parents. This is challenged in mi-nor ways before the end of high school but ends as young persons begin to live away from home. The move away from parental influence is gradual as young adults establish themselves as adults. During the 50s a decrease in negativism occurs. Gould finds a realization of mortality with a concern for one's state of health.

humphriesbr@me.com

Reply 2 on: Jul 23, 2018
Wow, this really help

scikid

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Gracias!

Did you know?

Walt Disney helped combat malaria by making an animated film in 1943 called The Winged Scourge. This short film starred the seven dwarfs and taught children that mosquitos transmit malaria, which is a very bad disease. It advocated the killing of mosquitos to stop the disease.

Did you know?

Each year in the United States, there are approximately six million pregnancies. This means that at any one time, about 4% of women in the United States are pregnant.

Did you know?

Children with strabismus (crossed eyes) can be treated. They are not able to outgrow this condition on their own, but with help, it can be more easily corrected at a younger age. It is important for infants to have eye examinations as early as possible in their development and then another at age 2 years.

Did you know?

The average human gut is home to perhaps 500 to 1,000 different species of bacteria.

Did you know?

The Romans did not use numerals to indicate fractions but instead used words to indicate parts of a whole.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library