This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Which of the following client statements best relates to the third component of the Health Belief ... (Read 14 times)

luvbio

Which of the following client statements best relates to the third component of the Health Belief Model?

1. My blood cholesterol is only a little high.
  2. No one in my family is susceptible to the flu.
  3. I'll just avoid the food that causes the problem.
  4. By losing weight my blood pressure may come down.

Question 2

The goal of Pender's Health Promotion theory is best reflected in which of the following nursing interventions?

1. Suggesting the client experience a variety of exercise routines before settling on the one to adapt
  2. Arranging for a client to attend a support group for individuals who also have se-vere burn scars
  3. Playing soft, classical music when a client diagnosed with Alzheimer's becomes physically agitated
  4. Providing a client with a history of stress-induced respiratory problems with de-tailed explanations regarding her care

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

connor417

Answer to Question 1

ANS: 4
The third componentthe likelihood that a person will take preventive actionresults from the person's perception of the benefits of and barriers to taking action. Preventive action may include lifestyle changes, increased adherence to medical therapies, or a search for medical advice or treatment.
The second component is the individual's perception of the seriousness of the illness.
The first component of this model involves the individual's perception of susceptibility to an ill-ness.
Increased incidence of chronic disease processes.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: 1
Health-promoting behaviors should result in improved health, enhanced functional ability, and better quality of life.
According to the Basic Human Needs model, certain human needs are more basic than others; that is, some needs must be met before other needs (i.e., fulfilling the physiological needs before the needs of love and belonging). Self-actualization is the highest expression of one's individual potential and allows for continual discovery of self. Maslow's model takes into account individ-ual experiences, always unique to the individual.
Nurses using the holistic nursing model recognize the natural healing abilities of the body and incorporate complementary and alternative interventions, such as music therapy, reminiscence, relaxation therapy, therapeutic touch, and guided imagery, because they are effective, economi-cal, noninvasive, nonpharmacological complements to traditional medical care.
The holistic nursing model considers the emotional and spiritual well-being, as well as other di-mensions of an individual, as important aspects of physical wellness.

luvbio

Reply 2 on: Jul 23, 2018
:D TYSM

kilada

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

This year, an estimated 1.4 million Americans will have a new or recurrent heart attack.

Did you know?

Asthma attacks and symptoms usually get started by specific triggers (such as viruses, allergies, gases, and air particles). You should talk to your doctor about these triggers and find ways to avoid or get rid of them.

Did you know?

More than 4.4billion prescriptions were dispensed within the United States in 2016.

Did you know?

There are more nerve cells in one human brain than there are stars in the Milky Way.

Did you know?

Atropine, along with scopolamine and hyoscyamine, is found in the Datura stramonium plant, which gives hallucinogenic effects and is also known as locoweed.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library