This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Which statement by the patient about an upcoming computed tomography (CT) scan indicates a need for ... (Read 18 times)

mmm

Which statement by the patient about an upcoming computed tomography (CT) scan indicates a need for further teaching?

a. I'm allergic to shrimp, so I should monitor myself for an allergic reaction.
  b. I will complete my bowel prep program the night before the scan.
  c. I will be anesthetized so that I lie perfectly still during the procedure.
  d. I will ask the technician to play music to ease my anxiety.

Question 2

The nurse would expect the urine of a patient with uncontrolled diabetes mellitus to be

a. Cloudy.
  b. Discolored.
  c. Sweet smelling.
  d. Painful.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

emily12345

Answer to Question 1

ANS: C
Patients are not put under anesthesia for a CT scan; instead the nurse should educate patients about the need to lie perfectly still and about possible methods of overcoming feelings of claustrophobia. The other options are correct. Patients need to be assessed for an allergy to shellfish if receiving contrast for the CT. Bowel cleansing is often performed before CT. Listening to music will help the patient relax and remain still during the examination.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: C
Incomplete fat metabolism and buildup of ketones give urine a sweet or fruity odor. Cloudy urine may indicate infection or renal failure. Discolored urine may result from various medications. Painful urination indicates an alteration in urinary elimination.

mmm

Reply 2 on: Jul 23, 2018
:D TYSM

miss_1456@hotmail.com

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

Green tea is able to stop the scent of garlic or onion from causing bad breath.

Did you know?

Serum cholesterol testing in adults is recommended every 1 to 5 years. People with diabetes and a family history of high cholesterol should be tested even more frequently.

Did you know?

Approximately 25% of all reported medication errors result from some kind of name confusion.

Did you know?

Eating carrots will improve your eyesight. Carrots are high in vitamin A (retinol), which is essential for good vision. It can also be found in milk, cheese, egg yolks, and liver.

Did you know?

Barbituric acid, the base material of barbiturates, was first synthesized in 1863 by Adolph von Bayer. His company later went on to synthesize aspirin for the first time, and Bayer aspirin is still a popular brand today.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library