This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Which statement by the patient about an upcoming computed tomography (CT) scan indicates a need for ... (Read 20 times)

mmm

Which statement by the patient about an upcoming computed tomography (CT) scan indicates a need for further teaching?

a. I'm allergic to shrimp, so I should monitor myself for an allergic reaction.
  b. I will complete my bowel prep program the night before the scan.
  c. I will be anesthetized so that I lie perfectly still during the procedure.
  d. I will ask the technician to play music to ease my anxiety.

Question 2

The nurse would expect the urine of a patient with uncontrolled diabetes mellitus to be

a. Cloudy.
  b. Discolored.
  c. Sweet smelling.
  d. Painful.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

emily12345

Answer to Question 1

ANS: C
Patients are not put under anesthesia for a CT scan; instead the nurse should educate patients about the need to lie perfectly still and about possible methods of overcoming feelings of claustrophobia. The other options are correct. Patients need to be assessed for an allergy to shellfish if receiving contrast for the CT. Bowel cleansing is often performed before CT. Listening to music will help the patient relax and remain still during the examination.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: C
Incomplete fat metabolism and buildup of ketones give urine a sweet or fruity odor. Cloudy urine may indicate infection or renal failure. Discolored urine may result from various medications. Painful urination indicates an alteration in urinary elimination.

mmm

Reply 2 on: Jul 23, 2018
:D TYSM

at

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Wow, this really help

Did you know?

Atropine was named after the Greek goddess Atropos, the oldest and ugliest of the three sisters known as the Fates, who controlled the destiny of men.

Did you know?

Human stomach acid is strong enough to dissolve small pieces of metal such as razor blades or staples.

Did you know?

Dogs have been used in studies to detect various cancers in human subjects. They have been trained to sniff breath samples from humans that were collected by having them breathe into special tubes. These people included 55 lung cancer patients, 31 breast cancer patients, and 83 cancer-free patients. The dogs detected 54 of the 55 lung cancer patients as having cancer, detected 28 of the 31 breast cancer patients, and gave only three false-positive results (detecting cancer in people who didn't have it).

Did you know?

Though newer “smart” infusion pumps are increasingly becoming more sophisticated, they cannot prevent all programming and administration errors. Health care professionals that use smart infusion pumps must still practice the rights of medication administration and have other professionals double-check all high-risk infusions.

Did you know?

Drying your hands with a paper towel will reduce the bacterial count on your hands by 45–60%.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library