This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A nurse is asked about the goal of patient education. What is the nurse's best response? The goal of ... (Read 102 times)

09madisonrousseau09

A nurse is asked about the goal of patient education. What is the nurse's best response? The goal of educating others is to help people

a. Meet standards of the Nurse Practice Act.
  b. Achieve optimal levels of health.
  c. Become dependent on the health care team.
  d. Provide self-care only in the hospital.

Question 2

A patient says, You are the worst nurse I have ever had. Which response by the nurse is the most assertive?

a. If I were you, I'd feel grateful for a nurse like me.
  b. I feel uncomfortable hearing that statement.
  c. How can you say that when I have been checking on you regularly?
  d. You shouldn't say things like that, it is not right.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

quynhmickitran

Answer to Question 1

ANS: B
The goal of educating others about their health is to help individuals, families, or communities achieve optimal levels of health. Although all state Nurse Practice Acts acknowledge that patient teaching falls within the scope of nursing practice, this is the nurse's standard, not the goal of education. Patient education helps patients make informed decisions about their care and become healthier and more independent, not dependent. Nurses provide patients with information needed for self-care to ensure continuity of care from the hospital to the home.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: B
Assertive responses contain I messages such as I want, I need, I think, or I feel. Giving personal opinions (If I were you) is nontherapeutic and not assertive. Arguing (How can you say that?) is not assertive or therapeutic. Showing disapproval (using words like should, good, bad, right) is not assertive or therapeutic.

09madisonrousseau09

Reply 2 on: Jul 23, 2018
Wow, this really help

tandmlomax84

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

Pubic lice (crabs) are usually spread through sexual contact. You cannot catch them by using a public toilet.

Did you know?

The newest statin drug, rosuvastatin, has been called a superstatin because it appears to reduce LDL cholesterol to a greater degree than the other approved statin drugs.

Did you know?

Complications of influenza include: bacterial pneumonia, ear and sinus infections, dehydration, and worsening of chronic conditions such as asthma, congestive heart failure, or diabetes.

Did you know?

According to the FDA, adverse drug events harmed or killed approximately 1,200,000 people in the United States in the year 2015.

Did you know?

The term bacteria was devised in the 19th century by German biologist Ferdinand Cohn. He based it on the Greek word "bakterion" meaning a small rod or staff. Cohn is considered to be the father of modern bacteriology.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library