Author Question: The nurse is providing education to a patient around anger management strategies. Which statement ... (Read 25 times)

mpobi80

The nurse is providing education to a patient around anger management strategies. Which statement indicates a need for further education by the patient?

a. Exercise can help me deal with the anger.
  b. I can use humor.
  c. I can punch things.
  d. I can take a time out.

Question 2

The nurse is educating the patient about alternative therapies. Which statement by the patient indicates a need for more information?

a. Alternative therapies can include relaxation techniques.
  b. Alternative therapies are used in conjunction with medical therapies.
  c. Alternative therapies can be used when patients are experiencing stress.
  d. Some alternative therapists require certification.

chereeb

Answer to Question 1

ANS: C
Strategies should focus on non-violent methods. Some anger management interventions include expressing feelings in a calm, non-confrontational manner; exercising; identifying potential solutions; taking a time out; forgiving; diffusing the situation with humor; owning one's feelings; and breathing deeply.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: B
Alternative therapies are used in place of medical treatment. These types of interventions are useful when patients are experiencing physiologic and psychological responses to stress. Some complementary and alternative therapies such as therapeutic touch, Reiki, biofeedback, and massage therapy require additional certification and training, whereas muscle relaxation and guided imagery do not.