This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The nurse is educating the family of a patient on falls risk precautions. Which of the following ... (Read 19 times)

kwoodring

The nurse is educating the family of a patient on falls risk precautions. Which of the following statements by the family indicates a need for further education?

a. I should keep the wheelchair locked unless using it to move Mom.
  b. I should always leave the bathroom light on.
  c. I should use nonskid socks, not shoes.
  d. I should keep her cell phone close to her bed.

Question 2

The nurse is implementing generalized falls precautions for his patients who are at risk for falls. Which intervention indicates a lack of understanding of these precautions?

a. The bed is placed in the low position.
  b. The patient is wearing socks.
  c. The patient's cell phone is by the bedside.
  d. The patient's call light is within reach.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

alexanderhamilton

Answer to Question 1

ANS: C
Leave lights on or off at night, depending on the patient's cognitive status and personal preference. Keep the wheels of any wheeled device (e.g., bed, wheelchair) in the locked position. Keep patient belongings (e.g., tissues, water, urinals, personal items) within the patient's reach. If the patient is ambulatory, require the use of nonskid footwear (socks or shoes).

Answer to Question 2

ANS: B
If the patient is ambulatory, require the use of nonskid footwear. Socks can be slippery unless they have a grip surface on them. Keep patient belongings (e.g., tissues, water, urinals, personal items) within the patient's reach. Keep the call light in reach and remind the patient to use it and keep the bed in the low position.

kwoodring

Reply 2 on: Jul 23, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

ASDFGJLO

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

Did you know?

Always store hazardous household chemicals in their original containers out of reach of children. These include bleach, paint, strippers and products containing turpentine, garden chemicals, oven cleaners, fondue fuels, nail polish, and nail polish remover.

Did you know?

It is important to read food labels and choose foods with low cholesterol and saturated trans fat. You should limit saturated fat to no higher than 6% of daily calories.

Did you know?

Though newer “smart” infusion pumps are increasingly becoming more sophisticated, they cannot prevent all programming and administration errors. Health care professionals that use smart infusion pumps must still practice the rights of medication administration and have other professionals double-check all high-risk infusions.

Did you know?

Cyanide works by making the human body unable to use oxygen.

Did you know?

Patients who have undergone chemotherapy for the treatment of cancer often complain of a lack of mental focus; memory loss; and a general diminution in abilities such as multitasking, attention span, and general mental agility.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library