This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The nurse working in long-term care knows that there are multiple theories regarding aging. The one ... (Read 33 times)

fbq8i

The nurse working in long-term care knows that there are multiple theories regarding aging. The one the nurse most identifies with proposes that the body's cells are leading to damaged organs and organ systems.

This description is congruent with which theory?
  a.
  Cross-linking theory of aging
  b.
  Wear-and-tear theory
  c.
  Gould's theory on adult development
  d.
  Senescence theory of aging

Question 2

A pregnant woman in her second trimester is scheduled for quad testing. What conditions does the nurse explain are screened for in this assessment? (Select all that apply.)

a. Blood clotting abnormalities
  b. Neural tube defects
  c. Heart abnormalities
  d. Trisomy 18
  e. Trisomy 21

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

bigsis44

Answer to Question 1

ANS: B
The wear-and-tear theory states that body cells are damaged from years of hard use. The cross-linking theory relates changes of aging to cross-linked and connected cells and systems become hardened over time, decreasing function. Gould's theory is a psychosocial one looking at tasks the adult completes, not physical changes. Senescence means biologic aging; there is no senescence theory of aging.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: B, D, E
Quad testing includes assessing for neural tube defects, trisomy 18, and trisomy 21 (Down syndrome). It does not screen for heart or blood-clotting problems.

fbq8i

Reply 2 on: Jul 23, 2018
Great answer, keep it coming :)

ebonylittles

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

Vampire bats have a natural anticoagulant in their saliva that permits continuous bleeding after they painlessly open a wound with their incisors. This capillary blood does not cause any significant blood loss to their victims.

Did you know?

Disorders that may affect pharmacodynamics include genetic mutations, malnutrition, thyrotoxicosis, myasthenia gravis, Parkinson's disease, and certain forms of insulin-resistant diabetes mellitus.

Did you know?

Giardia is one of the most common intestinal parasites worldwide, and infects up to 20% of the world population, mostly in poorer countries with inadequate sanitation. Infections are most common in children, though chronic Giardia is more common in adults.

Did you know?

The ratio of hydrogen atoms to oxygen in water (H2O) is 2:1.

Did you know?

The toxic levels for lithium carbonate are close to the therapeutic levels. Signs of toxicity include fine hand tremor, polyuria, mild thirst, nausea, general discomfort, diarrhea, vomiting, drowsiness, muscular weakness, lack of coordination, ataxia, giddiness, tinnitus, and blurred vision.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library