This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The nurse manager sends an e-mail to the nursing staff as a reminder for a scheduled monthly ... (Read 19 times)

hubes95

The nurse manager sends an e-mail to the nursing staff as a reminder for a scheduled monthly meeting. In doing so, the nurse manager understands that e-mail:

a. is usually slower than other methods to disseminate knowledge.
  b. has the potential for miscommunication.
  c. cannot be used to deliver vital information.
  d. is especially effective because of the use of nonverbal cues.

Question 2

A patient calls the nurse to report the smell of cigarette smoke in the bathroom. The event which triggers this communication process is referred to as the:

a. channel.
  b. referent.
  c. message.
  d. feedback.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

daiying98

Answer to Question 1

ANS: B
A message is the content transmitted during communication. Messages are transmitted through all forms of communication, including spoken, written, and nonverbal modalities. Electronic communication in the form of information referencing, e-mail, social networking, and blogging can quickly contribute to a person's knowledge, providing patients and health care professionals with vital information. However, the potential for miscommunication exists, in part because nonverbal cues are not apparent.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: B
The elements of the communication process include a referent (i.e., event or thought initiating the communication), a sender (i.e., person who initiates and encodes the communication), a receiver (i.e., person who receives and decodes, or interprets, the communication), the message (i.e., information that is communicated), the channel (i.e., method of communication), and feedback (i.e. response of the receiver).

daiying98

Did you know?

There are 20 feet of blood vessels in each square inch of human skin.

Did you know?

ACTH levels are normally highest in the early morning (between 6 and 8 A.M.) and lowest in the evening (between 6 and 11 P.M.). Therefore, a doctor who suspects abnormal levels looks for low ACTH in the morning and high ACTH in the evening.

Did you know?

Limit intake of red meat and dairy products made with whole milk. Choose skim milk, low-fat or fat-free dairy products. Limit fried food. Use healthy oils when cooking.

Did you know?

HIV testing reach is still limited. An estimated 40% of people with HIV (more than 14 million) remain undiagnosed and do not know their infection status.

Did you know?

Addicts to opiates often avoid treatment because they are afraid of withdrawal. Though unpleasant, with proper management, withdrawal is rarely fatal and passes relatively quickly.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library