This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The nurse manager sends an e-mail to the nursing staff as a reminder for a scheduled monthly ... (Read 23 times)

hubes95

The nurse manager sends an e-mail to the nursing staff as a reminder for a scheduled monthly meeting. In doing so, the nurse manager understands that e-mail:

a. is usually slower than other methods to disseminate knowledge.
  b. has the potential for miscommunication.
  c. cannot be used to deliver vital information.
  d. is especially effective because of the use of nonverbal cues.

Question 2

A patient calls the nurse to report the smell of cigarette smoke in the bathroom. The event which triggers this communication process is referred to as the:

a. channel.
  b. referent.
  c. message.
  d. feedback.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

daiying98

Answer to Question 1

ANS: B
A message is the content transmitted during communication. Messages are transmitted through all forms of communication, including spoken, written, and nonverbal modalities. Electronic communication in the form of information referencing, e-mail, social networking, and blogging can quickly contribute to a person's knowledge, providing patients and health care professionals with vital information. However, the potential for miscommunication exists, in part because nonverbal cues are not apparent.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: B
The elements of the communication process include a referent (i.e., event or thought initiating the communication), a sender (i.e., person who initiates and encodes the communication), a receiver (i.e., person who receives and decodes, or interprets, the communication), the message (i.e., information that is communicated), the channel (i.e., method of communication), and feedback (i.e. response of the receiver).

daiying98

Did you know?

There are more sensory neurons in the tongue than in any other part of the body.

Did you know?

About 80% of major fungal systemic infections are due to Candida albicans. Another form, Candida peritonitis, occurs most often in postoperative patients. A rare disease, Candida meningitis, may follow leukemia, kidney transplant, other immunosuppressed factors, or when suffering from Candida septicemia.

Did you know?

Lower drug doses for elderly patients should be used first, with titrations of the dose as tolerated to prevent unwanted drug-related pharmacodynamic effects.

Did you know?

Though newer “smart” infusion pumps are increasingly becoming more sophisticated, they cannot prevent all programming and administration errors. Health care professionals that use smart infusion pumps must still practice the rights of medication administration and have other professionals double-check all high-risk infusions.

Did you know?

The modern decimal position system was the invention of the Hindus (around 800 AD), involving the placing of numerals to indicate their value (units, tens, hundreds, and so on).

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library